Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you be interested in an annually released Screen Saver?

• Yes

Votes: 129 87.2%
  • No

Votes: 19 12.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FNQ_Snake

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Reptilia/Amphibia Screen Saver v1.1 (2008)

Hi all, well the time has come. I have been deliberating for a while now and sourcing the right information in regards to doing it, and have now decided the plunge is to be taken.

I am in the process of compiling a screen saver that covers all aspects of herpetology. I am after approximately 50-75 images of various herpetology related items. I am planning to put out a new version of the screen saver every 6-12 months (wholly dependant on interest). The screen saver will be made by me and me alone and as such I have decided that I will not be asking anything for it. That’s right folks, FREE!!! So get those images in.

The range of images I am hoping to encompass in the screen saver is the following:

Amphibia (frogs, turtles, etc – no fish)
Reptilia (snakes, lizards, etc – Australian only)

The images need to be larger than 1024 x 768 (mb and resolution size does not matter). Larger sizes than this are great, as I can resize the image without distortion. If it is smaller, I will not accept it (I will let you know via PM if the image is too small so you can email me the correct size).

In relation to the images, the following aspects need to be appreciated:

The animal must be shown in its natural environment (ie: no enclosure showing).
The image must be in focus with correct depth of field (all images must have the eyes in focus if a close up of the head is in the image).
The animal must be accompanied by its correct Taxonomy (ie: Scientific name and common name).
The image(s) must be your image(s).
All images submitted to this thread must be accompanied by either the name you want displayed or a pseudonym. This name or pseudonym will be displayed on the picture within the screen saver (what a great way to advertise your photographs).
Businesses are more than welcome to submit images; however, the business name will not be advertised, only the name of the photographer. This is a free Screen Saver (no-one, not even me, will be making a penny from it).
Images will be selected by me and two colleagues. I apologise now if your image does not appear in the first version of the screen saver; however, will endeavour to have it in the next version.
Images can either be close-up (non-macro), close-up (macro), portrait or landscape.
All images must contain herps. I do not want pictures of enclosures or herp products. I especially do not want pictures of humans – yuck.

All in all guys, to put it simply, if you want your snake, turtle, frog or lizard to appear in version 1.1 of the screen saver, then please place your image here.

Once again thank you for reading and best wishes.

FNQ_Snake

Last edited:
Yes, as long as they meets the requirements listed in my first post (I should have mentioned that originally).

:oops:

some one originally attempted this i think before you joined his site, i don't no what ended up happening though lol.

Photographer: Ned Fischer
Picture 1: Antaresia Childreni
Picture 2: Morelia Spilota Cheynei

Attachments

• IMG_3006.jpg
    IMG_3006.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_2978edited.jpg
    IMG_2978edited.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 223
some one originally attempted this i think before you joined his site, i don't no what ended up happening though lol.

Yes, I heard. Fear not this one will be coming out. Every thing is all done, I just need the images now a few hours one weekend to collate it all. :)

Copyright is a major issue with these sort of things, you need to state whether or not the photographer keeps their rights.
You'll get more response

cant wait for it - sounds great. heres my contribution :D
1st pic- central bearded dragon - (pogona vitticeps)
2nd pic- broad-tailed gecko - (phyllurus platurus)
3rd pc- central netted dragon - (ctenophorus nuchalis)

beardie1-3-c-riley.jpg

jamieposing2.jpg

netteddragonc-1.jpg

Riley

Copyright is a major issue with these sort of things, you need to state whether or not the photographer keeps their rights.
You'll get more response

No worries. I personally thought that it was a gimme, given that I mentioned this was a free screen saver. Sorry for the confusion.

Good point though and YES the photographer retains all rights for the photographs. I claim no ownership of rights. That is why I would like the photographers name to go on the photograph so people can contact them if they need to.

Sorry but id rather turn the computer off and save the planet. = / and snakes and my kids for when i get older.

cant wait for it - sounds great. heres my contribution :D
1st pic- central bearded dragon - (pogona vitticeps)
2nd pic- broad-tailed gecko - (phyllurus platurus)
3rd pc- central netted dragon - (ctenophorus nuchalis)

beardie1-3-c-riley.jpg

jamieposing2.jpg

netteddragonc-1.jpg

Riley

Wow, I have no chance against your photo's. But I guess you have a way better camera.

Riley it would of been better if you put ur name in the corner rather then right in the middles or over atad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back