Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
any body use a hide with a lockable opening and a solid floor? i've heard that these make cleaning etc much easier as u can lock the dangerous monster in it's hide then safely clean out the enclosure.

ANDANDILUVSMYREPTILES - you stated in your previous comment that u use to do some pretty kinky stuff when u had ur snake out, so pls dont talk to me about getting my head out of the gutter.

CHILL OUT!!!!!! Not getting into any fights. Just saying scrubs aren't as mean as everyone makes out. Pretty kinky can be boring to some, depends on your point of view. Now can we stay ON subject. Scrubs Rule and are not man eaters!!!!

ill admit that i want a scrub BECAUSE its a big python, but i think that if i took all the propper precautions then i would go ok with one. i dont see how a male having a scrub would be much diffrent from a female having a scrub, because there shouldnt ever come a time when u need to rely on brute strength. if in some case u did, im pretty sure an adult scrub would be stronger than a guy.

what ever.. if u dont want peoples advice then dont ask for it.

ok ok, i see what u all r gettin at, but the point is that its not a saltie or an exotic or anything venemous........id say its not such a bad choice when u consider all the other options

omg, is that a kangaroo?? lmfao. and mel...do not threaten me, u dont realise who ure tlkn to

crikey that scrubb doesnt even look big compared to some others and its doing that roo with ease.

What's this??? A 6 page thread on Scrubbies and I've only just found it.

Now for my 2 cents worth.

Scrubbies are a great animal. But you have to remember that they become huge and CAN be a dangerous critter. As you can see on an earlier post, someone posted a shot of me with Tims girl. 18 feet long and an absolute sweetheart. On the other hand, Satan's Daughter (my girl) just wants to attack anyone and anything that moves. Go past her enclosure and she will have a shot at you. She finally got me the day. I've had her since she was a hatchling and she's now 5. She just hasn't calmed down. Another couple of feet and she'll be a nightmare to handle. My male on the other hand has a panic attack every time you pick him up but eventually calms down. He could do some serious damage if he realized the power he has. Bigger animals should be handled only with several people just on the chance things head south.

They grow large so you do need a lot of room for these animals. Reading earlier posts about an avery inside is a good idea. Never thought of that before. Am seriously thinking about it now :)

On the feeding side of things, while they are smaller they can be given rats, quails and similar sized food items. Once they start getting some size to them, they move up to chickens, rabbits and guinea pigs. Truly large Scrubbies will take lambs, kids - baby goats that is, not the child next door (although that is an option) :D
If you can't get hold of the bigger food items, I hope you have a good rat supplier as they'll go though many, many rats in a single feed.

scrubby here wont eat rabbits :roll: he would rather have a few rats per feed.
He will nail you if he has a chance. Always two here if we get him out, he settles down but always looking for an oportunity.
Funny thing is he hates either myself or Tony holding him, settles well and is happy with our 17yo handling him. (6ft strapping lad)

Col they were also carrying on like a couple of two year olds in the chat section :roll: so i did pop in like you asked but the convo left alot to be desired.

see, how many nice scrubs are out there! they rnt all maneatin beasts

No one said they were all man eating beasts, they(and me) were just letting you know what you would be getting yourself into. A 'tame' snake is far more likely to be a problem IMO because it could make you complacent and thats when you will get into trouble just like with an elapid or anything else, things go wrong when ppl are complacent(or are out of their depth).
Personally i would reccomend getting a really snappy jungle or something to start with and then decide if you want something 10 times bigger that may have the same attitude.

gee there are only a few posts actually worth reading in this thread. There has been 2 deaths as far as i know by scrub pythons. 1 about 10-15 yrs ago and the most recent in s.a. i know of 5 people with them and only 1 is friendly enough but you still have to keep on guard. What about an olive python they get big as well?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back