Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
male stimmie = Boomer
female stimmie = Lucy
male childreni = backa
female childreni = tammyn

just to name a few

Lucy (Female Coastal) , Vicky (Vic carpet) , Simon ( Darwin), Stimi 1 and 2 (stimsons), Pauletta ( female coastal),

now that i think about it Bob would be a good snake name. good ol'Bob! didn't find many good names sept portugese for python sucuri. probably name it once i have owned it for a couple weeks and its settled in.

andrew

oh and i forgot

male beardie - male
Female beardie - female
Unknown beardie - It
Female Bluey - Bluey
Male Shingle- Back - Stumpy

peterescue said:
"that one" is a common name around here.

:lol: Thats the same here.....male so and so or female so and so is the other way i tell them apart.
Gets hard though when you have a few of the same species...turns into big male so and so etc :)

Poseidon [large male olive]
Mac1 and Mac2 ['cause I have no idea which one is male and which one is female]
Lil [ diamond Lil]
Brenda [Beady-eye Bredlii]
Wally & Wilma [water pythons]

My Coastal Carpet's name is Trouser...... I think it suits him well :)

But then I have names for all 6 of my ferrets, plus the 2 dogs, 3 cats, birds and so on

When I got my first cockatiel - more than 25 yrs ago - I named him Raffles (after Stamford Raffles). A couple of years later when I started keeping Lovebirds I named them all after African countries and cities. But since then, I haven't named any of my birds or reptiles (although half a dozen parrots have been nicknamed "Dopey" or "Thunk" over the last 15 years).

:p

Hix

I've got Tornado my female Darwin, and now I'm about 99% certain to collect my male Darwin (due to having my female probed and verified later today) whom I'm calling Cane, short for Hurricane :wink: :lol:

I'm soooo excited!! :D

I've got Tornado my female Darwin, and now I'm about 99% certain to collect my male Darwin
You're getting a second snake? OMG!!!!

Hix

My python ith called ethfa,.... ethfa, thnake! :)

Nah, shes a baby so I dreamt up............wait for it...

..."Baby"! :lol: It was after Lou Dadano's big retic .

Hix said:
I've got Tornado my female Darwin, and now I'm about 99% certain to collect my male Darwin
You're getting a second snake? OMG!!!!

Hix

It's amazing really isn't it!!!!? hehehe I haven't really been given the green light for this one but when my wife said "I'm not talking about this with you Luke!!" I presumed that meant - GO FOR IT!!! Hehehehe I didn't hear the word NO in there :lol:

Personally I think this male is just as gorgeous as my female, so I just couldn't say no when the offer came up :D I dearly hope my female is in fact a female hehe (there will be a post and photos coming if it all goes to plan) I'm stoked!!! :D

YAY MOOSE!!!! Congrats! If it's anthing like your other one it'll be awesome :D

I've got Julius Squeezer, Sunshine and Ra (Diamonds)
Gin and Tonic (Childreni)
Nymph and Crush (Coastals)
Tom, Dick, Harry, Lumpy and Kermit (Central Netteds)
Chuck and Squirt (2 of the Jackies named after Luke's experiences on Christmas Day :lol:)
and then there's Tigger, Foo (cats) and Abby (Great Dane)

Still haven't named the 2 female Jackies or the 2 male Angle heads :p

It takes me at least 4 months to think of name for my snakes, so I dont have names for all of them.
But here are a few:

Zoe & Cloe - Female Diamonds
Ally & Sandy - Female Coastals
Angry - Male Coastal
Trigger - Male Cape York
Worm - Male Darwin Hatchling
("worm" is a temp name because he is a strange little guy, if you handle him he moves ever so strangely on your hand or arm,like worm would, if you put him down he turns back into a snake and moves normaly.)

Coastal - Goliath (cause he is huge compared to my darwins and childrens :))
Darwins - Stiletto (after a thin bladed knife not high heels :p), N'Buta and Paik (both names from Clan Steel Viper, from a game I play :))
Childrens - Makaveli (tribute to one of the best rappers), Eva (not sure, i liked it heh) and Racey (already had this name, didn't change it)

Generally, I name my snakes after people in my life who are important... I recently named a few snakes after the nurses and docs who looked after me in ICU... Sounds corny but.. It reminds me of how much people helped me!

Jade the Bredl
Rachael the MD
Carly the paleheaded etc..

If that doesnt work, I make jadey make up names for me, she has one of those weird minds that comes up with hilarious names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back