Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpy

Reaction score
Whats ure best "story" about snakes/pythons. Heard a good one the other day when some bloke reckons he had a mate that had a carpet visit him every day to eat the egg shells left out for it. So besides that and carpet bites fester up every year, what other crap myths have we heard.

dunno if its a myth or not,....but a lady told me red bellys hold their young in their mouths to protect them,..?
i'm having trouble believeing that,....

hahaha, when red bellies do that they are actually eating them.

sounds true to me. :lol::rolleyes: Now excuse me, i got to jet pack to the moon for lunch :lol:

that pythons are venomous :shock: i didnt quite know that one before i bought my coastal :shock::lol::rolleyes:
had a few people telling ME to be careful when they dont know jack <insert word here>
i kindly re-educated them

Is it true that Red belly blacks keep away the browns or just another myth?

^^^
Likewise for me... somebody advised me that my python might not be venomous now, but be careful when it grows up because it will be... I LOL'd.

Snakes won't eat dead prey items because the they have to hone in on a heartbeat.

Of course the guy who said that had the IQ of a peanut so I'm not sure how well this qualifies as a myth :)

Work colleague
"you should see the snakes in Florida! The chase you down and want to kill ya"

Last edited:
One of my favourites of all time...

"My mate/brother/uncle/neighbour has a carpet python. It's about 3 metres long and he just lets it roam freely around the house because it eats all the rats and mice. Doesn't have a cage or anything."

I was even subjected to this as recently at 1 week ago... my hairdresser talking about her brother... I just nodded and agreed... after all, she was the one with the sharp utensil near my head.

i live in a small country town, so i get alot of people that think cause they are hero's, and have killed a few snakes, that they know everything there is to know about them.

Like carpets and diamonds are actually more venomous than browns, but their fangs are too small to inject venom. LOL
Or that a brown snake,will see you from 100metres , and run straight at you. LOL
And then you get your people bragging about the snake they killed, it was a brown almost 12feet long, or it was a King brown or a Tipan, and were no where near the locality of these snakes.

and the funniest thing is that when you try and correct them, they argue and get angry, cause they are older, so of course they know more, aye.

One of my favourites of all time...

"My mate/brother/uncle/neighbour has a carpet python. It's about 3 metres long and he just lets it roam freely around the house because it eats all the rats and mice. Doesn't have a cage or anything."

I was even subjected to this as recently at 1 week ago... my hairdresser talking about her brother... I just nodded and agreed... after all, she was the one with the sharp utensil near my head.

ohhhhh i hate that one,
sooo many people have told me 'my <insert friend or relative here> has a huge one and lets it roam freely around the house'

oh, and the one that goes
' my mate has a huge one about 3 metres and it follows him around the house like a puppy'

:|:|:| some people... at least they arent saying they are killing them though haha

The good one that a snake if threatened it will bite its tail and roll away like a hoop LOL

This will get some going, but is a favourite of mine,

Snakes dislocate their jaws to eat.

If you put a big prickly rope around your campsite, they won't go over it :)

What about the milk one? That they're attracted to milk

Snakes technically do dislocate their jaws to eat. They separate their bottom jaws from their top. How else would they eat some of the things that they do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back