Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

travie

Reaction score
hey guys whats the stupidest or funniest thing your reptile has done? share pics if you have them :)
mines not that good but here we go,
my bearded dragon once fone a back flip chacing a cricket

The female Bredli I just sold was FEISTY!!! :evil: She would get that wound-up with striking non-stop that she would quite often bite herself because 'it' was there, thinking it was something out to get her. :lol: Never got a photo of it - always happened so quick. Silly snake!! :rolleyes:

when my beardie knowns hes being fed he tries to eat the glass lock, or when hes out exploring the house he will find something thats interesting an go to lick it how ever tends to be 1 inch away from it an is just licking the air with a satisfied look on his face.

my angle headed dragon thinks he can comando it out of his tank to get flys or moths on the glass, then climbs back up the top to try again.

This may be a bit standard but i thought its was funny.
My female Bearded Dragon was sitting on top of the arm chair and she walked down the arm rest, jumped onto the seat, jumped up onto the other arm rest, walked up it and sat down in exactly the same posistion she had moved from.
They're a silly bunch.
Monis

Nothing real stupid yet the only one I have at the moment....

One day Snakey got agro and kept striking out at me in the click clack through the clear sides. The first time he did it his face hit the side and he recoiled like it hurt. Then he tried it again, and again, and again...didn't learn the first time! :rolleyes:

Snakey doesn't do it anymore, he's so placid but it was funny at the time because you could hear "clunk", "clunk", "clunk", "clunk". :lol:

sometimes when i'm getting my bredli out he wraps his tail around his body behind is head like he's trying to hang on to it.
then he's starts getting cranky when he can't move his head, given me a couple of nips when he's done this.........silly boy

This wasn't my gecko(friends) but i was holding a leaf tailed gecko and all of a sudden it bit me and at the same time it pooped lol!!!!

My snake burned himself on his lamp cage after somehow managing to bump it over so that it knocked against the ceramic heatlamp. That was an expensive lesson :(

As mentioned above my little guy tries to strike at me through the glass and then falls to the ground.

Also quite early on we literally scared the **** out of it as we tried to pick it up. Snakey shot off as we put our hand out and it left a nice little reminder it had been there. Luckyily the carpet was scotch guarded.

One of my knobtails was standing up tall jumping at me while standing on his hill... one very enthusiastic lunge end up in him tripping, then toppling over backwards and rolling down the hill!
Still makes me giggle thinking of the little flashes of white belly as he rolled down the hill like an angry log :D

my new beardie is physcotic!! he launches him self at the crickets then wrestles them with his hands.... random!

my snake was having a very.. strange day. and decided since we wouldnt play with him. he would play with him self. it was like cat and mouse with his tail. he'd snap at his tail then realise it hurt and let go, only to do the same thing a few seconds later.
it was so adorable >__<

this was my friends Beardies (Male+2females) I was funny to watch him try mate with the girl (Nessy) he would chase her and tried doing the monster mash but didn't get it right so the female would run off then he'd try again and this happened about 4 times until he finally tired out

Cant think of much
Mine often climb the thermometer probes and I hear a thumb when they fall off

My bredli does the same as bundys aswel raps its tail around its head

Some funny pics

VERY hungry frog....

DSC00243.jpg

Chillin gecko.......

DSC00948.jpg

DSC00952.jpg

The other day i went to feed my little coastal python, so i was dangling this freshly killed mouse infront of her. This time she striked at it with such forced she ripped it straight out of my hand and scared the SH#T out of me. But after that she dropped it and gaurded it for 45 mins. She wouldnt let anyone touch. She just sat in the strike position over the top of it and just sat there. After the 45 mins she got bord so she decided and climb her heat lamp cage and lost all interest in it. Funniest thing i have ever seen. pitty i didnt get any picks though.

I had a male Pygmy Mulga Monitor which frequently grabbed females from the wrong way 'round, mistaking the front legs for the hind legs and hind for front. He'd hang on tightly with all four legs and try to insert his hemipene into their necks.

I had female Pygmy Mulga Monitors which would think they were males and try to copulate with females, particularly after they'd laid eggs. You'd think a girl would know she was a girl right after laying eggs :p

I've had Carpet Pythons... enough said there.

I saw a wild Thick-tailed Gecko attack itself. It bit down hard on its own tail and shook it around violently for about five minutes, growling and shrieking the whole time (yes, five minutes was long enough for me to fetch my camera and take pictures).

I've seen Black-headed Pythons fall over themselves, try to eat water bowls, glass doors (and continue trying despite their teeth breaking on the glass).

Reptiles are pretty stupid, I couldn't list all the idiotic things I've seen them do :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back