Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fijiian green Iguanas!

I dont see why we cant have special permits in a new class for exotics. Especially when so many are endangered we could be helping with captive breeding!

yeah, or native destruction ! ;0)

Iv heard that u can get a special permit to keep just about any exotic but u can only have one, u cannot breed it (obviously), and u cannot sell it so if u cant look after it will be destroyed
anyone else heard of this?
Apparently the dept of agriculture handles the permits

yeah, or native destruction ! ;0)

Common Weezer,

Given the price of exotics, even if they were available how many people do you think would accidently misplace them or forget to close the enclosure...

I personally think if someone presented a full risk assessment, wrote a policy on allowable species, classified the species and wrote the regulation of the permits etc you could probably get it to get approved, its just our officials dont really care and are too lazy to be concerned with hobbyists.

Exotics aren't that expensive
Have u seen how many peeps lose their snakes on here, and there just the ones we hear about

Easy thorny devil ..... wish their diet wasnt such a pain in the ***....

An albino BHP to pair with an axanthic BHP, then raise those offspring up and pair them up in the hope for that 1 in 16 chance of throwing a pure white BHP.

The ' lucy ' BHP

Now theres a dream python..................

theres a lot I would like, but I couldnt be bothered with, this is all I could be bothered keeping:

NSW Pink tongued skinks

NSW stephens banded' snakes
broad headed snakes
NSW pale headed snakes
Sydney red common death adder
Sydney grey common death adder
Mid north coast NSW common death adders
NSW Red bellied black snakes
NSW Eastern tiger snakes

A Coastal Carpet Python. They are pretty.

what, why not a pair or atleast half a skink? what makes you choose 1 full skink?

Well I did find one today that had lost his tail and Ive decided to keep in my new 6 foot enclosure...so I guess I own 3/4 of a skink.

definately a crocodile skink ! day geckos and electric blue geckos are good to

2238379974_19bd0ec54a.jpg

one of these bad boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back