Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
heres a better pics of my little girl
female_worm.jpg

female_worm2.jpg

Here is my new RHD boy :)
(pics aren't the best)
IMG_1255.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

and a few more of my Sandfire & Eighty Mile Beach males

sandfirewa2.jpg

eightymilebeachwa2.jpg

eightymilebeachwa.jpg

I'm getting some SA Womas from Snakeranch soon...I am actually getting 1 male and 2 females...I ordered a pair...they had a female who only has one eye and offered her to me for free...so I thought why not? Her having only 1 eye would not affect her breeding chances etc so I could have twice as much chance of success with breeding.

To be honest dont know a lot about the Womas except that a lot of people say they are one of the nicest species (I have read most of the relevant literature but there doesnt seem to be a lot written about them)...I know the SA ones get a little bigger...still need to finalise my research on how best to setup their enclosures...but that wont be for a while as they will be in click clacks for some time.

I ordered a pair of SA from Snake Ranch too :D Have you chosen yours beatlloydy? Bummer about the eye - good to hear you're giving her a home :)

here are a few pics of my new woma......nothing too special but this female, and a male that JungleRob got, are from a clutch that was 50% reduced pattern/spotted and 50% normal looking. Although the male, which rob is looking after, is still a bit different looking. We are hoping that they throw something different when paired up to each other. The parents were both pretty normal looking......only time will tell.

The last pic is a bit out of focus but kinda cool i think.....

Attachments

• IMG_8729.JPG
    IMG_8729.JPG
    232 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_8730.JPG
    IMG_8730.JPG
    228 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_8740.JPG
    IMG_8740.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 137
They are good looking animals there David. It will be interesting to see what they throw. I've seen quite a few reduced pattern to almost spotted animals in the flesh. Photos do them no justice, they a something special in the flesh.

yommy - the spotted offspring that were siblings to this one were crazy! Really reduced pattern for te first half of the body blending into normal pattern and really nice colour as well. I was getting very emotional when the owner of them was saying he didnt know what he was going to do with them......he decided to keep them and wouldnt sell them so we grabbed a pair of the normal offspring and are first on the list for next year when it comes to spotted offspring. The parents are normal looking....the male is really quiet dark and very strongly banded but the mother is very pale and haphazard marking. Is the mum of this boy I have....and is very similar looking.

Attachments

• DSC03090.jpg
    DSC03090.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 291
What temp should I let the enclosure get to at night time? My thermo can have seperate temps day and night, I'm doing 32.5 during day do I go lower at night?

I am only using a heat mat under 1/4 of the enclosure

I just keep my heat mat set at 30 - 33 all day and night does the job

SA

Had my young SA out today thought id tak some quick snaps of him he is due to shed in the next coupe of weeks by the looks of him so ill get some more pics after he sheds :) Enjoy

Attachments

• P3010045.jpg
    P3010045.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 241
  • P3010048.jpg
    P3010048.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 214
  • P3010051.jpg
    P3010051.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 243
hey all i am about to buy my new enclosure for the same price i can get a 1200 long - 1800 long all x 600deep x 500high what length would be best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back