Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats what i think aswell there seems to be a fair variation between them, but mine is still young and i can picture it dulling down in colour as it gets older.

snake love how old is your little guy now and how long is he
lol same age as yours. we bought it from the same guy. lol 75-80cm now from herpmeasure. gonna take another measurement soon. i forgot what it was last time.

Pretty sure you got yours before me my guy is only about 45 cms and he is now 3 months and 4 days old

What is herp measure

Cheers goanas that animals a cracker you have there Like the color contrast

Mine was purchesed as a tanami although he looks different to all ive seen maybe hes mixed :S i asked parent history and Father was wild caught by Graham Gow many moons ago. And i was told the mums breeding but i forgot :S so at least one side of him is deffinalty Tanami!!!!

One of my Tanami
ab.jpg

ae.jpg

Pretty sure you got yours before me my guy is only about 45 cms and he is now 3 months and 4 days old

What is herp measure

you asked me how old my woma is and it's the same age as yours it's from the same clutch. lol i got mine 23rd of december. i fed it rats, that's why it's so much more longer than yours. and bigger too i reckon. shes almost 220grams. herp measure is a program that allows you to measure your snakes accurately. just use the search tool up there.

SA womas

A couple of wild SA womas for those interested in the SA's.

Attachments

• CIMG6103.jpg
    CIMG6103.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 322
  • DSC06681.jpg
    DSC06681.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 337
  • DSC00071.jpg
    DSC00071.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 458
SA womas

Another couple of SA's in the wild, the 2nd one was just over the border in SW QLD & had just finished off a rather large rabbit!.:D

Attachments

• DSCN0230.jpg
    DSCN0230.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 260
  • Woma - Wabbit427.jpg
    Woma - Wabbit427.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 449
looks like he wouldn't of needed a feed for a while, top pics aspidito was really a fan of the SA but the more i see the more i like.

Might have to update some pics of the boodaries, they are in excellent condition for this coming season, hopefully no slugs this time :)

wow very full snake i dont understand how they eat stuff that big

jarden my hot end for the womas is always 30-32 they are a desert species after all and i have a good gradient of 3-5 degrees less in the cool end.

I now run heat hides for my womas. I got the idea off Solar17 after seeing some of his and it works really well for Aspidites or any python for that matter.

Its a box with lip routed to sit peg board, a heat matt is placed on top on the peg board, then a sheet of glass with edges beveled and sanded which is silicaned on top to finish off. It has a habistat counter sunk in the side and a false area for all the electrics. The hide serves a dual role, they can either bask on top or the heat radiates through the peg board to heat the interior of the hide and my womas just love it. From the heat gun readings i have 30 on top and 32 below and they spend the majority of the time in the box. It is a simplistic design and works so well that this is the only heat source i will be offering my womas in the future.

I also have a new woma cage design in the pipeline so watch this space. When complete i'll post some pics.
Awesome idea yommy/baden!! ;)

My ones from the same clutch just not as nice as no-twos one of the best SA i have seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back