Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a great turnout, I went to the Expo in Sydney last week and was impressed with the turnout there too. Flavour of the times just now seems to Geckos - can anyone comment on the relative sales volumes of the various taxa - pythons, gex, dragons, monitors, skinks etc? I sort of feel that pythons are losing their appeal at the moment, but I guess it's because relatively big clutches mean a quickly saturated market...

I, too, was lucky enough to receive a self-righteous pm from Les Whyte (reptilian 1933)... and of course couldn't respond... I guess he has to insulate himself from incoming pms most of the time.

J

It was a great day ..... I didn't stop from 5am right through to 7 pm

Met some awesome people and the display come together nicely ;)

Off to the Newcastle expo in a couple of weeks but it will have to pull out the stops to top the Melbourne expo, it was awesome, I hope they have another one next year.

I noticed on the program that the marsupial society had a table. Can any one tell me what they had on it? I'm very curious, given it was a herp show. :)

The same wild life licence does cover the marsupials that can be kept under the schedules... and a number of herpers I know also keep marsupials.

It was a great day ..... I didn't stop from 5am right through to 7 pm

Met some awesome people and the display come together nicely ;)

Same here Chis. We left home at 6am for a long and full on day... I am quite zonked this morning after sleeping like a log despite a noisy party a few doors up.

feb19c.jpgfeb19d.jpgfeb19e.jpgfeb19f.jpgfeb19g.jpgfeb19.jpgfeb19b.jpg

a few taken beginning with the queue lining up before the doors opened at 9am

some shots during the day including a couple of the 100's and 100's of face/arm painting done during the day! It was really great to catch up with old friends and meet so many newbies in the hobby!

I know that, and I am one of them. But just curious what weird and wonderful things the marsupial society might have had on display at their table???

I did not look too closely but it seemed based on audio visual displays and printed information.

For what it is worth even the boy sprouts had a table with information. The expo was 95% herps but the other 5% was quite diverse ;-)

Last edited:
just thought I would throw the only photos I got on the day up .......

I have to say a big thankyou to all that stopped past and introduced themselves , I honestly had a blast and good to finally put some faces to names

have to also say a thank you to carpetpythons.com.au for putting together the acrylic display on such short notice

and of course last but not least Adam from True Blue Racks for sacrificing some of his space to accommodate my stand

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

when i start getting into geckos i definitely be trying to grab your attention Kupper for some advice , they looked unbelievable yesterday and started to itch me into the gecko bug

Thanks Guys I was very happy with the setup and it came together nicely ....... Next year I hope for bigger better and bolder :lol:

werdy did you speak to me at any point ?

nah mate , was all over the place and pretty shy, every time i went to your display there was more the 5 people more like 50 i am sure

Yeah yeah kup, I saw yours! Great geckos. Loved the amyae, and did I see an asper there?

Oh okay. I get amyae and asper confused a lot.

Hey does anybody know the wesbite of the photographer that was there?!
took some photos but forgot to take a card D:

Had a great great great time! Hope to go again next year!

Shannon Plummer

What a great day, good to catch up with a few people. Heaps of people there for sure, sometimes you could hardly move there was so many. Great displays and alot of animals there for sale. Look forward to next year.

i picked up two black blue tongues in the auction, 600 for the two, i bought two earlier that day for not too much more then that so i was pretty happy with my 4 new black babies!! amazing display by Micheal alexender i am EXTREMELY jealous of that chappell island tiger!! it really was one of my highlights of the expo. kupper had some amazing geckos on display, im definantly going to be in contact with him(when my bank account gets back to normal), all in all it was a great day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back