Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some stunners there yommy. must be hard trying to work out which ones to part with...

Yes it will be, but i'll be only holding back a pair at this stage. Unfortuneatly you cant keep them all :(

I'm current O/S with work so my best mate is taking care of them in my absence and updating me with pic's.
I'll be home next month. So sexing and making holdback choices then :)

Though i'll be hanging onto all for at least another 6 months. As they change with each shed in that 1st year.
So there will be some really nice estabilshed Pilbara 'Boodaries' hatchies sexed, which you don't see alot offered i've noticed. I'll let people know in advance before i offer them up if anyone is interested in this locale.

Here is some happy snaps i took today

Holdback female WA Sandfire
hatchie5.jpg

Hatchie male RHD
RPRHD1.jpg

2yo Female RHD
RHD1.jpg

The male I kept to go with that female is just as yellow but the banding isn't as dark brown. Looking forward to see this coming season efforts. Not long now till time to start cycling. Yay.

heres my tanami boy he shed again last night got to watch but didn't want to scare him with to many photos and a few from today

Attachments

• IMG_8567.jpg
    IMG_8567.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_8572.jpg
    IMG_8572.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8574.jpg
    IMG_8574.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 54
The rest are just standard WA Sandfire in colour. I had a high yellow female but a guy bought a trio and was way keen on her so i let her go as i am more interested in keeping the darker ones atm.

hatchie33.jpg

wahatchie2.jpg

wahatchie3.jpg

wahatchie4.jpg

A couple sheds in and this female is holding on to her stripe very well!
P1030511.JPG

Few pics of a large male,hes near 2 M ,lots of black above its eyes.

tn__3279202.jpg

_3279204.jpg

they can have some striking colouration with their heads can't they, what locale zulu? nice animal.

Hi Yom,i was told WA,heres pick showing body,way bigger than the little sandire adults here.

I think your in with a very good shot. My girl went at that time too. I think with the boodaries giving an extra year is benifitial. By waiting until the 3 and 1/2 year mark. i've got 11 eggs per season. Your girl seems spot on for sized and wieght.

I will be resting yellow girl this season i think and having a red hot go will 'RED' girl to see what she can produce.............

It will also be my 1st attempt with the RSP this season too. hopefully i have success like you did last season.

Great to see other ethical keepers considering their animals AGE and maturity ASWELL as weight:)
In my experience with keeping woma's since 1986, always better to get bigger eggs and bigger offspring than go the season earlier and have smaller offsping and below average egg weight and tax the female's condition significantly.
I'm sure if you cool the RSP from around mid to late June Brett and begin introductions early to mid July, your animals will respond and you should easily obtain a clutch or two.........Good luck with it and let me know how you go.

Cheers

You just got to appreciate fine looking woma's just love this species if you haven't already guess.

Cheers Mick, having the condition and age has defineatly helped. 11 eggs 2 seasons in a row from an animal that tops out at 1250 is impressive. I also believe resting and rotating females is benificial as well. Though she has fantastic condition on her Yellow girl will be rested this coming season for a job well done over the last 2 seasons. Time for Red girl to shine :)

Keep the pics coming peeps never get tried of woma pics. Got to be some crack'n RHD getting around. End of the day, any woma is a good woma!

Though a clutch of RSP this season would be good, male is primed and good to go :)

My big sandfire male is 1700mm long.

Who bred your animals?

Hi squinty,couple of sandires here originally from SR are 5 FT TL, dont know who originally bred the big ones with the black eyes.
I checked the scalation and the sandfires have a single loreal,the others have two large elongated loreals ,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back