Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 295474View attachment 295475

these are the tiles Bezaka. As you can see, it has this hard plastic grid thing underneath it. the tile itself is about 1.5cm thick.
Should I just remove that plastic? And how do you hold the cord in place?

Attachments don't open Woma_Wild try going to advanced, manage attachments and try doing it that way. With the heat chord Ive been told you could use either small dabs of silicone or heat tape to hold in place. Personally I have constructed a small wooden box, used hooks on the inside and threaded the cord through this then put the tile on top. This traps the heat from the cord inside and has no where for it to go but up into the tile. Im sure others could pitch in here with there ideas as I am by no means an expert, this just seems to be what works for me.

View attachment 295466 View attachment 295467View attachment 295468View attachment 295469View attachment 295470

I haven't been on here much because I've started on the 2 story "palace" for my little girl.
1St pic is the top floor, showing the hole to the bottom floor.
2nd pic is the ramp.
3rd pic is the 2 story hide - bottom section will be heated.
4th pic is the hide for the top floor.

This enclosure is 4 x 2

Any feedback would be appreciated as this is my first background.

That looks awesome! That's my plan for the one I'm making at the moment, but I'm only making the bottom level at the moment (my woma is still fairly small)

Are the hides rendered foam? I'm shaping foam at the moment for mine because I want it to match the rock wall.

Did I mention it looks awesome? :D

Hi Lawra. yes, the hides are foam also.
took me a while to get the colouring right ( looks very orange in those photos) I used a knife to scratch away at all the smooth parts of foam and now that it's rendered and painted, it looks like rocks. It's now ready for sealing. it was fun to do.

Hi Lawra. yes, the hides are foam also.
took me a while to get the colouring right ( looks very orange in those photos) I used a knife to scratch away at all the smooth parts of foam and now that it's rendered and painted, it looks like rocks. It's now ready for sealing. it was fun to do.

Thank you Woma Wild :) I really like it. Can't wait to see it all finished and set up :)

So many gravid womas at the moment. This coming hatchy season looks like a very promising one. :)

I took my tanami outside for the first time. We have had so many kites (the birds not the toys) around this year I haven't game enough to take him out. He has grown up since deebo parted with him and is coming up to 10months old. He is getting lighter with every shed and showing some nice caramel colours that tanamis are known for.

Ignore the weed it was pulled out after the his 'play time'.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377399882477.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377399882477.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 68
  • uploadfromtaptalk1377399914270.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377399914270.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 79
So from light to dark. For those of you that like dark womas, my new additions have settled in a little bit and have a few feeds under their belts. I went to handle the male for the first time and the female for the second time, while I was cleaning out their click clacks.

I got some pretty shocking blurry photos of the male before he touched the pulse I'm my wrist and started tail wagging like crazy. Here is one semi passable head shot.

My female was just as happy to see me and gave two head butt strikes and one open mouth. She doesn't seem to tail wag but enjoys a bit of head bobbing. She is in the pink click clack.

When she grows up I am planning to breed her with my adult male from a few pages ago, if she turns out nice. If not I've got myself a gorgeous, not so little pet.

It is a feed day tomorrow.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377400881843.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377400881843.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 71
  • uploadfromtaptalk1377401036885.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377401036885.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 74
  • uploadfromtaptalk1377401052230.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377401052230.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 76
Mine still going at it.... thought she would have started to push him away by now.
turns out she likes it too much. :shock:
she's almost 1kg heavier this year compared to last year.
photo-6.jpg

Methinks he needs a new hide
jyhygyzu.jpg

Looking great yommy! I'm glad the red girl finally went off this year. I'm afraid my Boodaries didn't get their act together. There was some interest on his part, but spurring the hide that she was in did not result in a hook-up. Gee, wonder why not :rolleyes:

Looking forward to see what your produce Yommy I would really love to get some of your Woma's there amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back