Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
after reading all these post on this thread, it seems like l made the right decision in not going to the Reptile Expo here in Melbourne, and l save myself heaps of money also.
Part of the reason l did not want to go was because of some well known herps l did not want to see or run into if l was there, and they know who l'm talking about, some of them come on here everyday to brouse, they will never ever gain access to any of my Reptile's when l breed them and have a few juveniles available.

Hope everyone else who attended had a great time at the Reptile Expo, lease the weather was perfect for it yesterday here in beautiful Melbourne. today is the 1st day of autumm.

Cheers,
Les.8)

It turn out to be a perfect weather for the show, seen a few familiar herpers, I personally went to show a bit of suppport to the organisers and the participants, I needed a few things and made a list and did my shopping at the expo, overall it was a good day but must say I think last year was better, but still glad i went this time and sure will be there agai next year........

Leigh:)

This was my first time at the expo i thought it was fantastic i came home with a pair of marbled vevelt geckos from chris very nice guy and very helpfull and i won a bit older marble velvet at the auction which i was stoked about. I admitt i was a wee bit disapointed that noone had red eyed tree frogs on display as they are my next new pet to my collection but admitting i did get pointed to the right people and they are willing to help me out when i get my advance linces .:) judy

Last edited:
Well i took the family for the Expo and was disappointed also. No Victorian licensed relocation companies there spruiking there courses, what the? Black snake had some nice vens there but 6 vens at an expo that size,too little. Neil"s pythons were 1st class and such a gentleman to engage with. Disappointed with the amount of GTP's only saw 2 and didnt spot the juvenile someone photographed. Dont get me started on the food outlet it was disgraceful, not expo's fault mind you it would have been part of the showgrounds deal.
Met Froglet from here and she was extremely nice especially letting her diamond be harassed by my daughter, thanks froglet.
im glad i went once to experience it and im sure Simon and Brian and co worked extremely hard to get it up and running, i guess you cant please everyone.

Any nice reasonably priced Marbled Velvet Geckos. I am asking these questions as i had to work yesterday.

I was after an adult bird eating spider but didnt see any there (got there a bit late) .Did they have any spiders for sale?. Saw rough scaled pythons in the flesh which was pretty impressive.

i thought it was great :) was my 1st time so maybe i just had nothing to compare it with, but I had never seen some of the pythons and other herps they had there so it was a good experience for me. also wasn't looking to buy so had no chance of getting disappointed in that regard, but did think there were a lot of nice animals around, loved some of the jungles people had (hung around longer than we should of cause the dad was all asking about whether or not we can keep 2 in 1 enclosure baha.. thought i could convince him to buy a hatchie and an enclosure for my 18th :p........ fail..)

The Scales & Tails Australia team flew in for the Expo on Friday evening and back out again last night. We thoroughly enjoyed it and will definitely be back again next year offering our support. Congratulations to everyone involved, as we know how much hard work goes into organising an event like this and bringing it all together successfully.

It was great to catch up with some of the team from APS, :D and unfortunately a few slipped past while I was talking to other people, and I didn't get a chance to say hello to them. :(

Something that we all have to consider though, for the Expos to continue to grow bigger and better, they do need our support, both with people displaying their animals/products, and with the support from the general public in attending.

I'll look forward to catching up with other APS members at the rest of the Expos this year.:D

Cheers
Joy

You have got to love that lacy. It was so tame! I never worked out whose it actually was.

I found myself explaining to people that not all lace monitors have that personality but they do come with reasonable weaponry.

Maybe next year we will take one of these home with us... hehehe thought people might get a laugh out of this... (it is just a photo of the photo so sorry about the quality)

I thought it was too much trade and not enough hobbiest, but why. It seems the Victorian hobby doesn't like the public; shy maybe? Its chicken and egg stuff in that you cant get exhibitors without the crowds and you wont get the crowds without the exibitors. My appologies for not knowing the history, I think one the key ingredients of sucess for Castle Hill is the reptile show/competition which draws in a wide variety of different creatures. Has there ever been one in Victoria? I'll start battling the red tape now and hopefully Snakefarmer can support next years event. Thanks to the organisers for their tireless efforts. I know these shows dont just happen by themselves.

You have got to love that lacy. It was so tame! I never worked out whose it actually was.

I found myself explaining to people that not all lace monitors have that personality but they do come with reasonable weaponry.

It was a beautiful creature and everyone who has seen the pic was like "What the hell are you doing holding that" and just have to explain it was a very placid one and it was just wonderful to be able to hold something like that!!!

Maybe next year we will take one of these home with us... hehehe thought people might get a laugh out of this... (it is just a photo of the photo so sorry about the quality)

Hahaha, the little ones face is priceless!

I thought it was ok, I myself purchased a few green tree frogs from Janet, a lacie from roy pails and a beautiful md from a gentleman by the name of Phil :) thumbs up to the private breeders especially for turning out!
palmej managed to nick away those ackies I was coming back to look at ;)
I'll get some pics up soon!

oh and i forgot to mention that i caught up with Joy & LizardLady :)

Well i took the family for the Expo and was disappointed also. No Victorian licensed relocation companies there spruiking there courses,.

yeah there was one... he was at the wildlife caring stand... got all the info i needed and more from them... over all, i thought it was good. but was my first so wouldn't know, and isn't this like the 2nd 1 for vic or something???

I got my pair of marbled velvets 2 months old $160.00
at the auction i got a 9 month old male $40
He was selling his young $80 each i thought not to bad.
Cheers Judy

heres a couple of pics of the prossa female i got off Jan. Her names Gemma. Enjoy.
P280209_1903.jpg

P280209_190101.jpg

I popped in for a look over the last hour......enjoyed it but wasn't sure what to expect. Unfortunately at that time many stalls were starting to pack up and a lot of animals seemed to be misseing as they had been sold. So I suppose if you want to see everything get there when the doors open.

It was good to see the display with some elapids.....nicely displayed though would have like to see more. I think things like this are a great opportunity for some of the youger herps to see local animals and talk to people who are knowledgeable about them.

I was great to catch up with a couple of people I hadn't seen for 20 years and to finally see some Rough Scaled Pyhons in the flesh.

I did find it a bit hard to find information on the expo.....the vhs had a page on it but did not give the times. It would also be good if they provided a map and directions how to get there.....especially for people coming from outside Melbourne. I was going to drive but thought it would be quicker and easier to jump on a train......only to find out that trains dont run to the showground.....and then having a slow trip by tram. Also parking was only $5 I noticed.....if I knew that beforehand I would have driven. Just think the more info you give people about the how, why and wheres the easier you make it for them to attand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back