Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KaaTom

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was thinking that maybe we need a sticky thread on what can & cannot be kept in each state and on what licence. Also perhaps what is required for each state to import/export to other states????

Thats a bit lazy, isnt it?

These regs arent exactly difficult to find on the relevant states gov sites...

It would also be a PITA to keep up to date...

I wouldnt class it lazy, its more for those who have no idea where to look and for them to stop asking questions as to what is and is not allowed to be kept on each state licences and also to help those when it come to importing and exporting.

Dont know where you are but QLD's site is a mess trying to find what you are looking for. And if it was all in the one spot for all (most) states then it would make it easier for the rest of us!

Thats a bit lazy, isnt it?

It would also be a PITA to keep up to date...
:rolleyes: That's a bit negative isn't it? I think if anyone is willing to do it then it is a great idea.

Its not that bad an idea. I once responded to a wanted add in Victoria for Boyds Forest Dragons. After telling the guy that he would need an import permit and I would need his details for an export permit and that I would include freight costs in the price of the animal he accused me of trying to rip him off because apparently you can't keep Boyds down there. Go Figure!!

Maybe just a sticky on the differences.

QLD regs arent too hard to find...

Understanding that you have found them and what exactly they say is another matter ;)

Why did the guy tell you they cant keep Boyds Forest Dragons? - The regs dont mention them at all and as they mention everything you arent allowed to keep, I would expect they should be on there...

BTW, using the regs listed here - http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/publicati...als_under_a_recreational_wildlife_licence.pdf

And in conjunction with the QLD list of species / threat levels here - http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/publicati...als_under_a_recreational_wildlife_licence.pdf

EDIT - You are right, though, I live in NSW and the information for NSW is ridiculously easy to find :)

If Im bored tomorrow at work I might work on it.
But as NSW DECC is currently amending their species list, it might be out dated quickly.

I have done a little bit of research and just waiting to hear back from WA and Tassie departments to point me in the right direction, but once I have all the information that I think is relevent I'll post it all up in a new thread.

Cheers.

I'll get on top of the QLD requirements tonight and we'll go from there

Here's a link that I have been using to try and track down all the information for all states..
http://www.environment.gov.au/about/library/govtdepts.html

Seems to helpful, but still can get info on import regs for tassie and wa, so i emailed them and just waiting on a reply.
Might start on a draft word file i think....not much work on today for me....so getting paid to do this instead hahah. :D :p

Have a look on the wiki. There are a few articles similar to this. There is one item there with links to every state permit page and from there you should be able to find out what you can and cannot keep.

The Tasmanian Department of Environment, Parks, Heritage and the Arts is about the get the axe from Bartlett.

I wonder what effect that will have on wildlife permits etc?

If Im bored tomorrow at work I might work on it.
But as NSW DECC is currently amending their species list, it might be out dated quickly.

Perhaps a series of links to the various state regs licencing info then.

Have a look a couple of replies back, the wiki already has that information.

Do you want to add this info to it then, since your already a contributor. This was sent to me via email from the DEC.

Western Australia

Only the following reptiles and amphibians may be imported into Western Australia (WA), however, all python species imports are prohibited.

There is a blanket ban on all species of python entering Western Australia from overseas and ALL states & territories of Australia. The reason for the import ban is due to the risks associated with the transmission of "Boid IBD" (Inclusion Body Disease). Even those pythons appearing on attached schedule 1 are not permitted to enter Western Australia. Only pythons purchased from Western Australia-based Dealers can be kept in this state.

People living in WA and holding the appropriate reptile and amphibian licence may apply for an import licence as per attached application form. People sending reptiles or amphibians will need an appropriate export permit from their own state or territory government.

Category 1 No species.

Category 2
Egernia napoleonis - South-Western Crevice Egernia
Gehyra variegata - Tree Dtella
Heteronotia binoei - Binoe’s Gecko
Litoria caerulea - Northern Green Tree Frog
Litoria moorei - Western Green Tree Frog
Pogona minor minor - Western Bearded Dragon
Strophurus ciliaris - Northern Spiny-tailed Gecko
Strophurus spinigerus - South-west Spiny-tailed Gecko
Tiliqua multifasciata - Centralian Bluetongue
Tiliqua occipitalis - Western Bluetongue
Tiliqua rugosa rugosa - Bobtail

Category 3
Antaresia stimsoni - Stimson’s Python
Chelodina oblonga - Oblong Tortoise
Ctenophorus reticulatus - Western Netted Dragon
Egernia kingii - King Skink
Litoria splendida - Magnificent Tree Frog
Morelia spilota imbricata - South-western Carpet Python
Nephrurus levis - Three-lined Knob-tailed Gecko
Oedura marmorata - Marbled Velvet Gecko
Underwoodisaurus milii -Thick-tailed Gecko
Varanus caudolineatus - Stripe-tailed Pygmy Monitor

Category 4
Aspidites melanocephalus - Black-headed python
Aspidites ramsayi - Woma Python
Chelodina steindachneri - Flat-shelled Turtle
Chlamydosaurus kingi - Frilled Lizard
Heleioporus albopunctatus - Western Spotted Frog
Lophognathus longirostris - Long-nosed Ta-ta Dragon
Varanus acanthurus - Ridge-tailed Monitor
Varanus brevicauda - Short-tailed Pygmy Monitor
Varanus tristis tristis - Black-tailed Monitor

Category 5
Liasis olivaceus - Olive Python
Acanthopis antarcticus - Southern Death Adder
Acanthopis pyrrhus - Desert Death Adder
Acanthopis wellsi - Pilbara Death Adder
Notechis scutatus - Tiger Snake
Pseudechis australis - Mulga Snake
Pseudechis butleri - Spotted Mulga Snake
Pseudonaja affinis affinis - Dugite
Pseudonaja nuchalis - Gwardar
Varanus gouldii - Gould’s Monitor
Varanus rosenbergi - Southern Heath Monitor

Here is the Import Application
View attachment WA Import.pdf

Cheers

Why not put it in yourself? A wiki is one of those things that everybody can contribute to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back