Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on how long you want to wait to start breeding. Personally i would go a pair of juvenile BHP's and a pair of Jungles. That way you know your Jungles will bring in some cash before your BHP's and you will still have change of your 7000.
But if i had 7000 i'd buy a GTP and not even worry about whether or not i couldn't breed it.
LOL

Simone.

for me i would buy a couple of pairs of womas just because thats what i like
or if i was trying to set up a breeding program i would buy some of the rarer locality specific pythons to try and breed my own lines

Hypo Bredli pair, Pygmy Python pair, bumble bee BHP pair, Ultimate Blue pair, Brown Tree snake pair, Gold Stimson Pair,

Real Gammon Ranges carpets, Pseudechis butleri, Acanthophis wellsii, stuff like that.

Hypo Bredli pair, Pygmy Python pair, bumble bee BHP pair, Ultimate Blue pair, Brown Tree snake pair, Gold Stimson Pair,

Uuuuummmm i think he said $7000 not $70,000 :lol: .

Donk

pair of bredli and a pair of diamonds or a couple of pairs each

wheatbelt stimmi pair, pair of high yellow diamonds, pair of uluru bhp's, pair of olives, pair of hypo bredli maybe. or hypo coastals.

If I had 7G’s to spend I won’t think twice……… Jungles are the way to go…….. Also with all these good breeders out there…. U can’t go wrong… Even more u can choose what u wana work on pattern or color….. One of the prettiest snakes even……… I'd vouch for them......

add an extra 700 and get a pair of 100% Het Albino Darwin Carpet Python hatchlings that are on rdu at the moment

I'd start with Olives as the dosn't seem to be that many breeders of them. Some Caramel Childrens, some really hot blondes and Wheatbelt Stimmi's

Are there fake ones out there?

:p

Hix

Fake may not be the word I would choose but there are obvious metcalfei and then there are not so obvious. There would appear to be a race isolated in the Gammon Ranges that show significant aspects that point to an imbricata lineage.
:pright back at you.

spend it all on a smart purchase if you wanna start a breeding program.

Id be going for 3 females, one male of hte tanami woma, or a 2female one male trio of het albino olives.

whats the going price for a pair of these?..i would get some for sure

there is not really a going price baz, I only know of one herper breeding them .( captives)

I had a (wild caught) sub adult pair lined up for $3000 but it fell through.

I would be chasing down some of the albino adders if i was to spend 7K

Last edited:
spend it all on a smart purchase if you wanna start a breeding program.

Id be going for 3 females, one male of hte tanami woma, or a 2female one male trio of het albino olives.

what happens when your one male turns out to be a dud? so many people with breeding stars in there eyes dream of multiple females in there collection all being serviced by a single male, always have a backup male, believe me come breeding season you will appreciate the benefits of that extra male.
cheers Matt

josho...your wife really loves you!

its funny i make the money and she tells me what i can spend it on lol i was pushing for 10 grand but had to settle for 7grand that was hard enough lol

its intereting what people would spend it on i would think more like 5 adult pairs of snakes. but im leaning towards womas

what happens when your one male turns out to be a dud? so many people with breeding stars in there eyes dream of multiple females in there collection all being serviced by a single male, always have a backup male, believe me come breeding season you will appreciate the benefits of that extra male.
cheers Matt

Work out a breeding loan for another male then.

Seriously though, if you have a number of females available, effectively you largley increase your probability of having at least one successful mating.

If you cool your male effectively, then the likelihood of producing viable sperm, and successfully copulating with 1 of hte females is a pretty high bet.

Besides, with multiple females, your return should be massive, especially taking into account the fact that finding a partner to breed with shouldnt be a problem if you are a smart negotiator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back