Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still not sure about what makes the first 2 pics of Browns obviously intergrades.
Tourett

The fact that there were bred from two intergrade parents.
It would be much easier if we could call them port mac pythons.

Hugsta or duga,anyone some back up please
Gotcha covered mate...LOL

So I'm being told now that Intergrade with Intergrade in captivity is an intergrade?

An integrade is a coastal x diamond that has been interbreeding for thousands (maybe more) of years so they are really a totally seperate species of snake. So from Sydney upwards you would have diamonds, then integrades, then your coastal.

It would be much easier if we could call them port mac pythons.
Couldn't agree more...tourette checkout the pic stiffler posted in MrK's thread now that's a pure diamond and now compare that to the pics i posted...they look nothing alike!!!!

hugsta said:
Hugsta or duga,anyone some back up please
Gotcha covered mate...LOL

So I'm being told now that Intergrade with Intergrade in captivity is an intergrade?

An integrade is a coastal x diamond that has been interbreeding for thousands (maybe more) of years so they are really a totally seperate species of snake. So from Sydney upwards you would have diamonds, then integrades, then your coastal.

Dont have any problems with any of that.

But how can you tell what is what by looking at them, without already knowing where their parents come from.
Tourett

In the wild I can come to grips with this and totally understand and believe it or not I can understand which area they come from. But what I'm having trouble with is the colouring and patterns.

BROWNS said:
tourette checkout the pic stiffler posted in MrK's thread now that's a pure diamond and now compare that to the pics i posted...they look nothing alike!!!!

Yep thanks mate, so the same can be said about serpenttounges in his new pics, is also pure diamond?
Tourett

De jevu. OOH! its creepy
A man with a samurai sword was found wandering the streets of Sydney today muttering the words inter grade. Police are baffled. It is understood he attacked a touru\ist who had commented that he had seen a high bridge pylon.

I really think they should make a speshal sticky under a new thread "Very frequently asked questions". Hybrid vs Intergrades should be there along with hatchling care. Then if someone comes along wanting to know, just post the link. I'm sure u would agree with me browns, it would save a lot of typing hours... JMO

LMFAO Peter...

dee4 what happened to your avatar man that was a crack up :lol:

I have a question about integrades:

If a completely pure wild diamond and a completely pure wild coastal breed what would the offspring be?

The range for each species does overlap doesn't it?
Exactly and in this range they are called intergrades,intergrades,intergrades....where's my samuri sword or better still my Gerka knive

so in this range there is no pure diamonds and no pure coastals?? where did the pure ones go??
Did you read this thread?? If you read one of my posts you will see my explanation of how the chain of snakes works from Sydney upwards.

where's my samuri sword or better still my Gerka knive

mmm...it's getting that time isn't it Browns...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back