Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruizer22

Reaction score
Hi,

My boyfriend really wants a snake, but we have never kept a snake before and would not know much about it. What would be the best species of snake for a beginner?

collets

haha no dont do that

if u wanna surprize him get a coastel cheap ezy to look after and there not a small snake so its alll good for a first snake but be warned its addictive

***r foto but heres my BHP

Attachments

• IMG_1101.JPG
    IMG_1101.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 119
The only snake I have that is aggressive towards me is my *****rens stimpsons python, she's absolutely feral lol but my diamond pythons are great

P1010623.jpg

my bhp is really snappy when hes in hes enclosure but when hes out he is a wos he just want to sit still

except when hes hungry he goes on the hunt when hes out
there the only snake (i know of) that dosnt have any heat glandes.

dan

Vala...... i have herd alot of ppl say that bout there *****ren

I would prefer a snake that isnt very snappy, i personally am a turtle person, i will be picking up my two new baby Murray Rivers on the 6th Jan - Very excited!!
The Diamond Python is so beautiful, i would love to see what it looks like as a baby?? Any ideas on good breeders? Can you own one if you have a Class 1 reptile licence?

I would prefer a snake that isnt very snappy, i personally am a turtle person, i will be picking up my two new baby Murray Rivers on the 6th Jan - Very excited!!
The Diamond Python is so beautiful, i would love to see what it looks like as a baby?? Any ideas on good breeders? Can you own one if you have a Class 1 reptile licence?
Snakes....snappy...never

Attachments

• Picture 045.jpg
    Picture 045.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 133
year u can have them on the standed license
they are a nice snake placid to (some)

people reckon they ant a good first snake cos u need a uv globe or plenty of sun

but a dimond would be a good first choice vnice snake

One that you like the look of and have done a bit of research on.

I have to agree with Bitey on this one, and perhaps a hatchie of your preferance?
They learn to become passive with handling from an early age.... A lil snappy at first, but its not a bite i'd consider to be bad. They just go with their instincts at first, n get used to your family over time.
Its like buying any pet, you gotta put in the time and effort.
Best of Luck!!:D

These are my *****ren's group pythons
1st is a stimpson's python the other two are spotted pythons. I love them, i got them because of the great reputation of *****ren's and could not be happier.

Attachments

• IMG_2286.jpg
    IMG_2286.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2319.jpg
    IMG_2319.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IG_2356.jpg
    IG_2356.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 62
Bitey, i am sorry to hear that you no longer own your beautiful snake.

I really love the look of Vala's Diamond Python, he is really beautiful looking snake. Any ideas of how much they cost and if anyone has photos of one when it is a baby!!

Channi - how old are the three snakes in your photos??

Sorry for all of the questions, i dont know much about snakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back