Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:) I found a really nice link to a "python roadtest" by southern cross

http://www.southernxreptiles.com/Article PDFs/road_testing_lr.pdf

I found it really nice. It gives a good run down of the common first pythons. Its hard to say which would be best for any one person. Some people may not at all get into owning a small python, so buying one of the antaresia may be a mistake... if you aren't happy with the look and feel of your snake then don't 'settle'. You will just end up looking for a new home for it a few months down the track.
Like someone else said here... if you get the bigger species young enough then you 'grow' with your snake :)

I'd say Murray Darling is a good first time snake. My first snake was a MD and she was the sweetest little thing, I adored her, she had the most beautiful nature.

Although a downside to having a really placid snake is that if something's wrong with it they'll put up with you for a lot longer than a snake of a less placid nature will (My MD's spine was severely damaged in two or three places - not caused by us I might add - and even the vet thought she was just constipated until she had an xray :( ). A less placid snake is more likely to let you know when it's not happy/if there's something wrong, which means you'll be able to find the problem and fix it sooner, hopefully leading to a longer life for the snakey.

this topic has been covered more times than I can remember..
this is the reason we encourage members to do some searching through past threads of similar topics and to look through the wiki section that can be accessed by a tab on the top tool bar BEFORE they start posting the same old threads. thanks

here is the wiki section about this topic..
Frequently Asked Questions - Aussie Pythons & Snakes

southern x reptiles "road testing aussie pythons - a short guide to snake collection"
http://www.southernxreptiles.com/Article%20PDFs/road_testing_lr.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back