Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did my first ever venomous handling last night and i was surprised at how easily the RBB went into the bag. Maybe it was just the contrast of trying the Spotted Black first who was still pretty chilled out but still far more energetic. The collets was by far my favourite though!

I'd like to do this, how much and where?

Thanks guys another question when there young why you have to keep them in such small tank , you can't just put a say 4 month old in 4 foot tank can u?

I only recently went through this process when I wanted to get my first snake, and everybody has a different opinion. In the end I stopped trying to find a species that had a good temperament and picked the species I felt was a good match for me size-wise, and that I thought looked amazing (diamonds). And then I started looking for a snake with a good temperament, which resulted in me owning a lovely placid little diamond hatchy.
They are all individuals and there are exceptions to every rule.

Thanks guys another question when there young why you have to keep them in such small tank , you can't just put a say 4 month old in 4 foot tank can u?
They don't feel secure in big open spaces. You can do it but they need lots of places to hide like they would in the wild. If they don't feel safe they won't eat then you'll be posting a "why isn't my snake eating" thread in no time

It's also easy to "lose" a small snake in a big enclosure. They always manage to find their way into that one nook that you overlooked when you were building it or they will be able to squirm out of the enclosure entirely through holes that would be too small for an adult snake

It depends on the learning curve you want to go for, too.
I'm comfortable with my Jungle Python after having got a Stimson Python, but I think I may have been a little overwhelmed if the Jungle was my first snake.. A yearling jungle that was quite snappy initially would have scared me a little initially..

But if you're after a steep learning curve and you're confident, I guess there are more possibilities as to what you choose..

this was done with the clutch sister of keiko, that hatchie now doesn't eat even though when received she was. looks like Andyh will be getting her feeding again and laying down some ground rules. a good safe size is 60x60x50cm

They don't feel secure in big open spaces. You can do it but they need lots of places to hide like they would in the wild. If they don't feel safe they won't eat then you'll be posting a "why isn't my snake eating" thread in no time

It's also easy to "lose" a small snake in a big enclosure. They always manage to find their way into that one nook that you overlooked when you were building it or they will be able to squirm out of the enclosure entirely through holes that would be too small for an adult snake

That true I'm sure my girfriend would love the snake out in the house laters cat lol what would you keep young snake in?

Plastic tubs from $2 shops are great. Check out the click-clack building guide

i kept keiko's click clack in a 60x60x50cm enclosure so she had somewhere she knew

dont listen to anyone here its the Murray darling , the inland,
THE easiest user-friendly calm python you can get is the inland.
even Doc rock(simon from SXR) says it the MD is THE best bigginer snake
it can cope with ALL noob stuff ups from feeding routines to handling to heating to lighting they
are the best noob snake and most tollerent from hatchie to adult,

its just facts,But,
im a firm believer in getting what you like rather than something that fits a cut out
if you get a neonate and hand raise it it will do ok unless its just an angry snake,
and angry snakes happen in all species get what you like and persevere

Nato

you know you want a mighty MD!!

lol

i would say pick a snake you really like, fine a breeder, tell them you want a calm snake and your set...

^ exactly!

I bought a spotted as my first snake as I was told they were the calmest, easiest, etc.. that thing was so damn vicious! bit me every chance it got! I've had 3 Bredli's since then, none of them has ever even looked like striking (not saying that all Bredl's are this calm).

must be a thing with spotteds and biting coz my little stimmie is 10wks old had 3 feeds and never bitten me or the breeder

must be a thing with spotteds and biting coz my little stimmie is 10wks old had 3 feeds and never bitten me or the breeder
So because yours has never bitten you they are all automatically calm and friendly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back