Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Docile is good i shed enough blood making enclosures i dont need to lose any more handling them...

my stimmie is calm as. Such a lovely snake. Never bitten and i handle her every night I can.

Calmest - Olive, Diamond and Blackheaded. BOMB PROOF - enjoy they are addictive.

dnt got with spotted stimmie or childrens, as they get older tend to start getting agressive, diamond pythons are the way get a yrling

I though xDragonX would have posted in here with a conclusion, but he hasn't yet...

He settled on a Jungle....... Just in case anyone was wondering :)

He set out to do the same thing as me, get a nice, calm, easy to handle snake (I have to laugh at myself on this one too) and we've ended up with Jungles (but lovely ones at that!)

I though xDragonX would have posted in here with a conclusion, but he hasn't yet...

He set out to do the same thing as me, get a nice, calm, easy to handle snake (I have to laugh at myself on this one too) and we've ended up with Jungles (but lovely ones at that!)
I was going to eave getting a Jungle till one of the last, but I found a real docile one for my second

dnt got with spotted stimmie or childrens, as they get older tend to start getting agressive, diamond pythons are the way get a yrling

I have never heard of this before. I have seen many calm stimmies and childrens. There are many different natured snakes within each species for sure but most of them seem to be more docile than other species.

Hahaha that I did and he a little champ comes out for hangs every night and has only stuck at me once the other day when my flash went off taking a photo must scared him :( but other than that he good

Yeah snakes can get a little 'sensitive' sometimes.

When my brother's 7 year old Coastal was a hatchie he was having a troubled shed and troy sprayed him to help him along. He looked at him as if to say "go on, do it again" Troy needed to spray him again and sure enough, he headbutted him (didn't latch on though) all you can do in that situation is laugh I spose!

I am actually enjoying the challenge of a snake that can't be "manhandled" and one that I need to approach with the utmost of respect. It's been wonderful so far.

I must agree a bit that docile is a bit boring.
I got a Stimson for my first snake who was so extremely placid.

I now wish I had a bit of a steeper learning curve and got something a bit snappier like
my 2nd and 3rd snakes - a Jungle and Woma, respectively. They're much more interesting
and active.

I still love my Stimson as equally as the others, it just depends on the mood
I'm in as to which snake I want to handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back