Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ad

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone know if any were sold this season. Did anyone get any?
I didnt see any advertised, were they all sold on waiting lists?
Or just not many bred this season?

Does everybody still want one?
Cheers
Ad

Ad i know of 2 clutches that sold before i got in and URS had a clutch as well but i don't think they sold many, i think they may have had a poor hatch rate or something, Roy Pails was selling some for someone else and there was another clutch in country NSW, that breeder has a 5yr waiting list. Those 5 clutches was all i saw and that was some serious looking and your damn right i still want some. Once i kissed some **** at the bank i was right to go but missed out.

I am a bit worried with this amnesty going on as to weather they will start cracking down on non australian GTPs.

I know of one clutch up north but none of the offspring were offered to the public.

Can't sex them until they at least a year old, good luck finding any that age.

Sorry NoOne, but I beg to differ on sexing until one yr, I know breeders in the UK that have popped successfully, and know you can sex them by probing at 6 mth's of age(as long as they have fed well, and haven't been fussy feeders, like so many are!).
I take your point though, that not many will want to wait, when they can sell them straight from the egg, but it's my criteria if I were to be offered some.

Thats unreal NoOne, you must have done some hunting! It seems demand is still high if a breeder has a waiting list that long.
that albino is awesome Neil.

Did these people go on to successfully breed these GTPs, pop sexing them causes spinal damage as they have a very fragile skeleton as juvis.
I would love to know these breeders names.

No good gtp breeders in the US sex them until they are at least a year old.

they can be popped, but as NoOne says it is extremely risky and the majority of breeders do wait a year. In asia they pop them regurlarly.
If a breeder is prepared to let you pop a hatchy, that would be your animal regardless, he wont let you go through the clutch until your happy.
Buying yearlings would be the best option, it would be a long time before they become available by the looks of things, and what would they be worth.

NoOne said:
I am a bit worried with this amnesty going on as to weather they will start cracking down on non australian GTPs.

No problems there, they have all been handed in! The amnesty was inundated with them apparently. Only true Iron range ones are available now, just ask the breeders!

Neil my PM doesn't work.

Thats ture ad any breeder will tell all gtps in australia are natives. :lol:

WoW,Absolutely STUNNING!!! Can't even imagine what price would be put on an albino chondro.

I thought they wernt called chondro's anymore, a book i have has them as Morelia viridis .???

Chondro has been used as a common name for so long now, they will most likely always be refered to that way - no matter what their scientific name is.

Hix

I've always thought that chondropython was the new scientific name and morelia was the original?? :?

unless you have actually seen how delicate a gtp hatchling is you wouldn't even entertain the idea of probing.i believe we have 2 males and four females which is what we wanted picked on tail length.

obee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back