Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of the amnesty hatchling gtp's I'm told are now $7500 feeding.
Ad interesting about your mates comments about it being a sorong animal,proves they don't really know what they are talkin' about as DNA doesn't lie.The clutch was tested ,definately aussie.GUESS THEY DON'T GET TO SEE AUSSIE GTP'S SO WOULD JUST TAKE A STAB AT WHAT IT IS[PUT IT DOWN TO IGNORANCE].
Don't you know ad jealousy is a curse,I worked dam hard to get these no need to run them down mate.

obee.

Greetings people,
Well here we go again it seems.
I know Obee quite well and have 'known' his GTP's from the moment they were bought back to FNQ as hatchlings and have watched their progress with regular visits so I feel I am more than entitled to jump in and offer my support to refute any aspersions "certain individuals" seem to have cast about their Aussie Status.
As Obee already mentioned, these animals have been DNA tested and we are so happy to say that they will be in Obee's collection, and producing clutches of other Aussie babies hopefully. :lol: with the Australian Governments blessing.
Ad, are these American 'friends' of yours the same ones that are claiming to have Jungles in their collection when really these animals are a cross between Jungles and Diamonds? Luckily here in Australia we call a spade(or a shovel :p ) a spade.
Obee is a breeder who believes strongly in purity of species and is a passionate supporter of Aussie flora and fauna, particularly his reptiles.
Hopefully this Amnesty goes the way it should and animals such as Obee's GTP's will be ensured their rightful place as Aussies.
One other thing I do know about Obee too is that he has a looong memory.
Regards Rina.

I think Ad was talking about one of his mates GTP's, and was going to post photos. He made a thread about it a while ago and said a similar thing...if not, I'll shut up.

Absolutley gorgeous.True aussie GTP.They don't come better than that.I'm sure alot of us are thinking it's time to start saving.
I really don't think Ad was trying to discredit your animals Obee.IMO.
Best of luck with any future plans Obee.I'm sure this will be the biggest test yet.But I imagine it would be very rewarding on many levels owning such rare beautiful snakes.

Sounded to me like he was trying to discredit them, I can't see how it can be read any other way.

Obee, to take more realistic coloured photos, you can try putting the snakes in bright but not direct light EG put a 100W halogen spotlight near them but direct it at a nearby wall or the ceiling. A flash will wash them out every time. Outside in the shade is great but dunno if you want to take such special animals outside. Also, if it's a modern digicam you are using, they often have diferent settings for diferent lighting.

hey obee please remember this site when you get a clutch off one of these animals so we can have the oppertunity to buy one off you, they look great and i am sure that they are great to keep well done on such beautiful animals.

Hi Shane,
Please read your reply to me and then re-read it again.
I posted some pics of a friends gtp a while back and Rina (your side-kick) posted that particular post. Since then you have discredited Mark's jungle saying it was crossed with a vairegata and Brown's jungle that you accused of being crossed with a diamond. (as Rina has just 'suggested' again in the above post - gushing to your defence yet again)
You are the one who discredits peoples animals while trying to promote your own.
My post is a little taste of your own medicine with your own words - you didnt like it did you?
Think before you discredit peoples animals in the future.

http://www.aussiepythons.com/index....amp;postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Others have a looong memory too.

Now for my words,
You spruick about the amnesty and exotic gtp's to further your commercial interest, stating you have aussie gtps.
How about we prove it, send me a skin shed and I will take it for dna testing. Now-a-days they can prove the difference between cape york and png gtps. I will hand all findings over to NPWS. I will immediately offer an apology if they are australian OR you can have them seized and destroyed if they are not. (your beliefs are so strong regarding exotics and locality you couldnt live with yourself unless you did euthanize them, could you? Please dont release them!)

How many aussie gtps have you actually seen? They look physically different than png animals with different markings.

http://www.aussiepythons.com/module...;include=view_photo.phpinclude=view_photo.php
http://www.aussiepythons.com/module...ery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

I hope Bob Withey doesnt mind me quoting a post he made some time ago on Yahoo.

"Unfortunately, there are very few True Aussie Green Tree Pythons held incaptivity in Australia. I am aware of only 7 held in this country, 5 thatwere bred from legally collected specimens and 2 that were legallycollected. Alas, they are now all well over 15 years of age with littlechance of breeding. There may be a few more that were collected illegallyand claimed on an amnesty that I am not aware of, but have yet to hear ofany. And the Queensland government does not appear willing to ever allow anymore to be legally collected from the wild.Just about all the other Green Tree Pythons held in this country that I haveseen in collections and on web sites are exotics(non Australian specimens).True Aussie GTP have a distinct colour pattern(see Barkers Pythons ofAustralia book). Their green colouration is totally a different shade totheir overseas cousins, being a far lighter green. They appear to only havespotted markings of either yellow or white spread in a line running abovetheir backbone. They also lack the blue blotches and blue lines over theirbodies that the overseas one have.All Aussie GTP's that I have seen over the past 20 years, plus every photoof them in the wild from Cape York have ALL had the same basic pattern andcolour.20 Years ago I argued that there were different Children'sPython species due to the differences in patterns from different parts ofAustralia. Most said I was wrong, but here today we now recognise they aredivided into 3 different species. 20 years ago I argued that there weredifferent Carpet Pythons around Australia and again, most said I was wrong.Yet here again today we now recognise the different species.Well its been the same with the Aussie GTP's. I have argued with peoplethat their GTP'S were not Australian. Of cause they state there is no way totell the difference and their's must be Australian and you can not proveotherwise.But those days are coming to an end. Ray Hoser has now described theAustralian GTP as a separate sub species, different to their overseascousins. Also, a great book on GTP's has now been published. The CompleteChondro Manual. This book shows the different colour variants from thedifferent locations of the overseas GTP's. In this book Greg mentions thatthe Cape York GTP is genetically closely related to the southern New Guineaspecies, but alas he only had a pic of a PNG specimen which is differentlycoloured. He assures me he will have a pic of an Aussie specimen when thebook is reprinted.For those interested, buy the Complete Chondro book and compare Greg'sidentification with the GTP's on our Australian web pages. Its funny howmost look almost identical to the Aru Island specimens. I also heard that afew young GTP's that were purchased last year as Australian were DNA testedat the S.A. Museum and were found to be the Aru Island species.I personally would not pay huge amounts of money for a GTP hatchling withoutseeing the adults and being sure they were Australian. I would always havethe fear that one day the authorities may realise the people are keepingexotic GTP's hidden on Australian permits and seize them.RegardsBob"

People,
Please form your own opinion on whether Shanes gtps are definitely australian. I have doubts and I hope that Shane can clear this up for us.
As you see Shane, It is not nice to discredit peoples' animals. They might get annoyed with you and serve it back to you some day.
Kind Regards,
ad.

[/img]

URS has had their greens deemed Australian. They are breeding them.
Look at the website they look very similar to that pic of yours ad.

Sorry they were on the old website, but they have had them tested.

Just to clear up a misconception, I am no-one's sidekick and i was not discrediting Mark's animals but merely asking some questions. Thank- goodness Mark's attitude towards it was a whole lot more mature Ad. As for re-reading posts, no where did I, or did I even intend to make referance to either Mark ar Brown in my recent post but the actual American breeders who lay claim to purity of their animals when they are not ( and this is even admitted and justified by these breeders) so apologies to both Brown and Mark as Ad was borrowing strife for you both when there was never intended.
As to the "gushing" to Obee's defence, if I knew you and respected your opinion :roll: like I do Shane's, and you owned the GTP's that he does, well I would also come to your defence knowing the background to these animals as I do, but I don't imagine that situation is going to happen anytime soon.
At the end of the day, the GTP's are legal, beautiful and going to start breeding in the very near future with all things going as successfully as they are. I am sure your "kind" words won't make any impact on that Ad.
Regards Rina

Hey NoOne, you got my' loyalty' just calling me sweet. When you need me to be Bonnie to your Clyde just holler. :wink:
Regards Rina

Goodness Greebo, I hope it is not about my suitablity in being a 'sidekick'? :lol:
Regards Rina

I stand corrected. After doing abit of research it is indeed a true almelansitic (albino) Green Tree Python.

Now continue on, fight amongst yourselves. :wink:

Hay, no fighting going on here! Just some healthy sharing of differing viewpoints via a neutral medium. :wink:
Regards Rina

Even bigger sweet but hang on a sec bonnie comes first, i wanna be first :p

Whatever, I got your back. :wink:
Regards Rina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back