Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The genus Chondropython has been around for yonks. I've got books that go back more than 20 years using Chondropython viridis. Interestingly, in 1983 when Wells and Wellington published their synopsis of the reptiles in Australia (a revision that received much condemnation) they formally synonymised Chondropython with Morelia.

Despite the intial bad reviews, many of their revisions were accepted over time eg: they formally created the new genus Antaresia which has come into usage only recently. It looks like this may be another example. Perhaps soon we will also have Australiasis accepted aswell.

Hix

Ref:
Wells, R.W. & Wellington, C.R., 1983. A Synopsis of the Class Reptilia in Australia. Australian Journal of Herpetology 1 (3-4): 73 - 129

I would think in future if anyone is going to purchase gtp's make sure they are aussies or it could become very costly when they come to get 'em.

obee

omg obee you have them? jealousy.... :mrgreen:

when do we get to see some pics obee? also 6 hatchy gtp's at around $5000 - $6000 each would be an expensive day and may have required a visit to the bank, wish i had that luxury. do you handle them much at all?

I sold a lot of animals to get them and went halves with another person.I don't handle them much and when I clean, the perch comes out snake and all ,placed on a stand.Many sleepless nights,faking dead after an assist feed as a hatchling and a prolapse.

obee

how are they going now? what age are they and also are they really cranky as i have heard them to be very agro? also any chance of a couple of pics? i understand if you dont want to though.

Cheers rick

A prolapse with a GTP!! My Gott, I would have heart failure.
Maybe when I retire and have the time to care for them, I might get some but for 5 grand I would rather get a plasma screen TV at the moment.

they are 17 mths old now doing very well,eating weaner rats every 10-16 days.they are very calm unless hungry on first disturbance,like most pythons.i keep everything except womas and they are by far the quietest .i would be happy to share photo's if i new how to post them.
greebs,heart failure could easily have occurred at any time in the 20 mins it took to reinsert the prolapse.a herptilogical nightmare of the worst kind.i was glad at the end it happened so i got the experience.gtp came to work with me for 3 days as i couldn't leave it....lol

obee

yes please would love to see some pics, i will get soem eventually even if it takes me 20 years. lol going halves is a fairly good idea as well.

i think i agree thank you very much obee and sxe for posting them they are awesome i am awestruck i want some, but i need money so i will come bak to reality. you can not describe them they are that nice just awesome looking snakes, sxe in future would you get any?

Sxe these things happen when your young, theres ads in the paper that can help you :D .

Nice animals Obee, i'm not jealous at all........... you bugger. :twisted:

I wish I could take a photo to show there real colour,these photo's are very washed out.The grey you see in them is skyblue,the yellow is like jungle yellow and the green is illuminus.Glad you enjoy them.Thankyou sxe.

obee

Ricko - personally, I won't own them for a while. Too much risk for me, on a number of different levels.

Here's an interesting note about this particular GTP, a friend of mine posted these pictures on a American GTP site and more than 30 hits from different people all identified these pics as a Sorong animal. Definately not an Aussie but a beautiful animal regardless.

Sorry to late post on this one, but I think buddy in the U.S. has along way to go before he can claim an amelanistic specimen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back