Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im so so so so so angry not just the fact that people are stealing (robbery) which happens every single day but taking an animal from people at gunpoint is just friken rideculous

:angy

Stolen GTPs

Here are photos of some of the GTPs stolen. One was still yellow as it was slow to feed on its own and one is an adult.

Attachments

• Yearling 1.JPG
    Yearling 1.JPG
    316.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Kaa 12.8.06.JPG
    Kaa 12.8.06.JPG
    325.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Kibah 12.8.06.JPG
    Kibah 12.8.06.JPG
    348.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Premi 12.8.06.JPG
    Premi 12.8.06.JPG
    321.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Runnerup 12.8.06.JPG
    Runnerup 12.8.06.JPG
    347 KB · Views: 64
I saw the news story on it a few minutes ago. Apparently they are much in demand in the States and can fetch $100,000 each over there. Never let facts get in the way of a good story.
They also mentioned a possible link to local bikie gangs.
I can't blame anyone for not wanting to be a part of the crap that goes on amongst keepers in this country.

Coils, I too am extremely sorry firstly for what the a@@hole put your family through, which would have been traumatic and devastating enough on it's own..... but to loose your collection which you obviously had invested a great deal of time and money into, there really are no words... just know that you have a lot of support from a lot of people out here on this forum, and I'm sure others too, and we will help you in anyway we can should that be remotely possible. My thoughts are with you and your family...

channel 10

on the news now channel 10. A hell of a lot of info given and a really good, long news story, not the short crappy one I expected.:)

They mentioned that a bikie gang might be involved. How does the old story go? Don't mess with the bikies!

oooooh. The new one is - DON"T MESS WITH OUR HERPS.

The unfortuanate thing is that anybody who has a large amount of Any valued comodity will allways be a target for thieves, be it cash, drugs, jewlery, art, automobiles and in this case pythons.

If anyone found out that you had $150,000 cash sitting in a glass enclosure, how long do you think it would be before some fcukknuckle lowlife came looking with a gun.

The key to keeping anything valuble is Silence and it is almost immposibe to keep things a total secret.

I hope all these thieve scumbags get whats coming to them.:evil:

Donkeyboy

More photos of stolen GTPs

Here are some more.

Attachments

• Yearling 2.JPG
    Yearling 2.JPG
    341.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Yearling 1.JPG
    Yearling 1.JPG
    316.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Copy of DSC00016.JPG
    Copy of DSC00016.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Female GTP 11-11-04.jpg
    Female GTP 11-11-04.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 69
the real tragedy in my opinion (aside from the suffering of coils and his family) is that now people who are passionate about their herps and love nothing more than showing them off and educating the uninitiated, will now be too cautious to invite others to see and experience their collections. this will possibly result in a worse educated public and a lot of nervous keepers who used to be happy and relatively care free.
to someone thats new to this world l am left with a bad taste in my mouth.
hope the scum FRY!!!

Have a beer

the real tragedy in my opinion (aside from the suffering of coils and his family) is that now people who are passionate about their herps and love nothing more than showing them off and educating the uninitiated, will now be too cautious to invite others to see and experience their collections. this will possibly result in a worse educated public and a lot of nervous keepers who used to be happy and relatively care free.
to someone thats new to this world l am left with a bad taste in my mouth.
hope the scum FRY!!!

Don't worry about that bad taste. We'll meet up one day and have a beer. VIC people VHS meeting tomorrow night - I'll be there with the red Aussiepythons.com hat on with 2 kids hanging off me.

Same at the Melbourne Zoo on Saturday.

We can't let this beat us everyone. We have to figure out ways that we can work with the relevant authorities to try and combat breaches or leaks of our details. Maybe we need to only have the license number written down instead of the address etc.

Stolen GTPs

Thank you Peter and I am glad I was able to get some of my gtps out there before this happened. Unfortunately a the few sales we made went into unrelated juveniles which also got stolen. All I say is keep everything to yourself and take every precaution you can as this will not stop I am sure.

If anybody heres anything no matter how insignificant they think it is please let us know.

I hope you get all or at least some of your animals back. It just makes me so disillusioned.

sorry to hear,
coils, did you breed these yourself? DNA might be needed to obtain a conviction ( and to get them back )

Apparently now APS asks for your pretty specific location. I never have nor ever will answer anything other than general area of where I live in a huge kilometer radius. Nor do I give out my home phone number to anyone, only close family has it, I just like when the phone rings that I don't have to worry about who it is because I know it's usually someone I want to talk to.

Yep, silent number and PO Box is the way to go. So many people don't realize just how anyone can find out your name and jsut look it up on whitepages.com and find out where you live. I've had a silent number for the past 10 years now.

Tsaida, the general public really does think that reptiles are worth way more than what they are. LIke I mentioned before, locals around here reckon the wild diamonds are worth thousands. Have to say I was surprised on how cheap snakes were when I first got into the hobby.

That was posted by my partnet Nome lol:)

Can I ask, why are they so expensive.

I'm sorry if this is inappropriate.

Is it colouration, rarity(?) or breeding ease.

Thank you Peter and I am glad I was able to get some of my gtps out there before this happened. Unfortunately a the few sales we made went into unrelated juveniles which also got stolen. All I say is keep everything to yourself and take every precaution you can as this will not stop I am sure.

If anybody heres anything no matter how insignificant they think it is please let us know.

coils I can see your issue there but I would imagine that someone will try to report these as captive bred from their own stock. There can't be too many people doing that this year (actually, would have been last year) so with a bit of committment the authorities could do some dna comparisons of parents to babies and see if they really were bred.

I would be careful about buying a snake if I thought that one day I could expect dna samples to be done and if they didn't match the parents then my snake would be confiscated as either stolen goods or a smuggled exotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back