Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldnt it be very likely that the person who stole them knows or is someone who holds legal GTPs?
Or is there a massive black market for animals that can easily be obtained legally?

Both

Wouldnt it be very likely that the person who stole them knows or is someone who holds legal GTPs?
Or is there a massive black market for animals that can easily be obtained legally?

I think there could be a bit of both. Very destinct possibility.

If they bothered to crack down on the exotic black market this crap would become so much rarer.

Putting 2 and 2 together from the articles I am fairly certain I know who the victim is. Cant say I know him well, I have only met him briefly at a BBQ last year. But If you happen to read this, I hope your family are okay mate, this is a terrible thing to happen.
Unfortunately incidents like this can make a person give up on the hobby.

I have questinoed NPWS regarding this in the past with examples, but they say that no one would risk their job.
I guess we only have their word on that though.

Any government data base can be hacked into or money paid for info on collections. It happens in all sorts of life where money is paid for reutrn of information. I'm not saying that there is rampant abuse by DSE, or NPWS etc etc are crooks but there would have to be flaws somewhere along the line.

If they bothered to crack down on the exotic black market this crap would become so much rarer.

please explain :? I dont see how this has anything to do with exotics.
I would be suprised if these animals dont end up in someones record books IMO a illegal herp would be worth less than a legal one.

Well folks, it has already been posted on another forum so I guess I am not letting anything out now. It is confirmed as Darren Boswell's collection. He is no longer keeping herps.

Now, didn't someone make some rather disparaging remarks about Darren's collection recently? If those comments were correct lets get the message out.

Also, Darren had recently posted adds for some chondro's for sale on an internet herp site (or number of). Mmm.

It would depend weather they are sold in Aust or if they are imported over seas

It is indeed a sad state of affairs. It is likely that the trauma of being held at gun point and tied up will haunt the victims for the rest of their lives. They have my complete sympathy.

I would have thought there would be a reasonable chance of tracking down the culprits. If you are going to steal 9 of them in a well planned crime then you must have a way of selling them. On that basis the person(s) who now has these animals is probably a licensed keeper (probably also in SA), would have at least a pair of GTP’s on their books so they can pass off the extra numbers as ones they bred themselves. This would severely limit the number of possible perpetrators to the extent that they can all be thoroughly investigated. IMHO, given the violent nature of the crime it is also likely that the perpetrators have form and would have been investigated previously. If the authorities correlate all this information I doubt they would come up with more than one or two suspects.

It is not the first time that GTP’s have been stolen in violent fashion and in this part of the world.

[FONT=&quot]A very sad state of affairs indeed. [/FONT]

GTPs stolen at Gunpoint

Some of you may know me as you have purchased snakes from me. I can assure you that no amount of GTPs is worth having your family terrified and tied up waiting to see if they are going to be shot.

I can also assure you that this person who carried out the crime was NOT a snake person (I cannot give any further detail on why)

I can also tell you that my permit number which was posted as per SA law on the herp trader with my ad for 2 yearlings was the link that confirmed to the theif that I had the animals. The ad went up on the 3/10.

Therefore, at least the information had to come from someone I have had transactions with as the ad did not mention my name or location and I used a new mobile phone number. He also knew my name.

This person does not yet fully realise the gravity of what he has done, he will soon.

I will leave no stone unturned for however long it takes to solve this.

As for the snakes, Im glad he got them all, as now we can not isolate ourselves as we have in the past due to fears of this kind of crime.

I am happy to email photos of these snakes to anyone who is interested. CIB also have a disc containing them all, along with all of my permit records.

Quite frankly, I will not miss all the bickering, jealousy and tall poppy chopping that goes with keeping and breeding GTPs. Who ever has them, hope you enjoy them, its just a pity you didnt have the dedication to raise and breed your own. You piece of ****.

Not sure

please explain :? I dont see how this has anything to do with exotics.
I would be suprised if these animals dont end up in someones record books IMO a illegal herp would be worth less than a legal one.

If GTP's are not allowed in NZ would they not be classed as an exotic? What is native to us is not native to NZ for example and in the hands of a private collector (whom I'm sure would pay a pretty penny) they would be highly sort after would they not? JMO

Coils my condolences

From what you said sounds like you have a lead and with the media involved you may have a happy ending. All the best, I hope they get the @#$%@#

Maybe put the pics on here as well, that way you will have plenty of people to keep an eye out, thats if their dumb enough to try and move them so quick.

Sounds like hired thugs not snake people. I wish you all the best coils and I'm sure if any of APS people can help you they will. I hope that you all recover from your ordeal and that justice will be done.

Need a hand in any way PM me.

Sorry to hear! Some people have more balls then brains - what a disgrace. Hope your children are recovering from the ordeal.

sorry to hear about the loss and in such a terrible fashion coils!

pics are a good idea, there are loadsof people on here who quite frankly, are going to be of more help than what police seem to be doing in the issue. as you said, you dont need to worry about any more being stolen. good luck on finding them

i really hope the next person to try something like this really gets the $#!+ kicked out of him/her. i mean really beaten! to the point that there is widespread media coverage and a big fancy court case, maybe that might raise some public awareness.

im so ****ed off about the situation of things that god help anyone who tries to do something to me. who knows, i might be the one to spark that court case. the whole thing is just F*&^%$!!!

p.s.

anyone up for posting a thread with all the best snakes on the site and giving them the address of a police station or prison. the people involved in these crimes are obviously thick enough to try it anyway !!!

Something is seriously wrong with this ****** up world. (Sorry, I'm a bit irrate today. My wifes friend died on Tuesday night after buying a bunch of &*^%ers a pie on the weekend and then got bashed over it and put in a coma.)

R.I.P. Peter Dando. Just saw the footage on the news. Whats wrong with people?:|

No possesion is worth your familys life or even your own. I feel for you I realy do. It is sad that it has stopped you from doing what you love, but I fully understand why. I hope they catch the b*****d, and they throw the book at him, and beat the s**t out of him with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back