Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if anyone here has read this article but in 2005 Bryan Fry, of the Australian Venom Research Unit at the University of Melbourne and his team made some discovery's that you all may find to be helpful in your quest for knowledge on the subject of lizard venom and if I can say so myself WOW...

Venom research bad-mouths goannas - Science - Specials - smh.com.au

did not know beardies had some rattlesnake toxins! awesome coincidence.. in favour of, or contradictory to evolution? (whole new can of worms). still no closer to the CTS enigma

hi welcome Im pretty new to the site as well. Its a good reference site & I have been given & read a lot of great advice from a wealth of knowledge some of the members have. yeah wish lists lol The wife is now wanting to touch n hold Ozzy a MD so chances may improve from ""Your only havin ONE SNAKE'' view she 1st had ...Fingers crossed anyway .....Getting your 1st rep is a great feeling !!!

Not trying to distract from the thread but its proven scientific fact, they have venom glands and enlarged back teeth you notice them if a large adult tries to eat your finger, at first you think haha how pathetic a snake with smaller teeth than a python, then they start to pull and chew in with the back teeth and you think wow, if i was a frog this would be bad, worse than a bite from a 6 foot python but not as bad as a green ant :lol: go to www.venomdoc.com and search the forums the exact question has been addressed a few times by Dr Fry.

welcome to APS mate i do warn that reptile keeping will get addictive!!!! n im sure everyone on here will second that lol

Wat the??? No black n white jungles?? Or no jungles?????

i know i thought he was cool, we really should stop hanging out y u h8tin on da jungles lol hahaha

welcome mate really should get some jungles lol

Last edited:
LOL OK I promise stimmie that one day I will get a pair jungle pythons But first I really want a pair of black headed pythons

where abouts in melbourne do you hail from?

and cris mate, thanks for info. this basically answers the questions i have been asking for years now. i have never had a CTS "chew" on me though, usually only lasting a second, so this might explain why i havnt seen rear fangs or enlarged back teeth.. anyway.. can talk for hours about it but wont

hahahah i went out with a girl in scumshine for a while... if she still lives there i reccomend you move to a safer area! :p

Hi guys,

I'm pretty new here as well. I can't find the area to start a new thread, can someone guide me there?

Thanks

Got to love the crazy scumshine girls :evil: Something is defiantly in the water around here :evil: :lol: LOL :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back