Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve-83

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Lets face it im an addict, ive only been involved in herps a few months with a couple of months of research etc before hand and i love it. Pythons Rock!!! My collection has grown somewhat over the past few months at present it stands at: 18 month jungle, Diamond x Coastal hatchie and a pair of adult Diamonds. Ive converted a small herp room out of a study a which i keep my Diamond pair and my hatchie and my jungle is in a display cabnet in the dining room.

Anyways to get to the point ive just completed another enclosure which would house a medium to large snake and im after your ideas on what would be an ideal python to put in there.

Given the chance if you could purchase a new snake tomorrow what would you buy? Out of all the snakes you own or had what would be your favourite?

I am leaning towards a Bredi or i do like the look of the albino darwins.

BTW up to 2k to spend... ;)

i share your excitement - asked the same question a couple days ago if you want to see what everyone said - the thread is called "what is your most sought after snake" some pretty cool critters named ;)

it really depends on your own taste, me personally i'd be looking for a medium to large bredli. but as i said thats my opinion. keep us posted on your ideas's

I have just been exposed to a Mt Gambier Tiger so now I want one of them (wanted a black KI tiger before and still do), my wife is hot on Darwins and conn'd a pair for mothers day.
I quite like BHP's atm or rough scaled pythons which I have had pleasure of holding, quite remarkable creatures. I had a cuddle from a 8ft olive today as well which was nice. Oh and a pair of Womma's caught my attention today as well. So as you can see, I am as bad as the next guy. Took me 5 snakes before I got another Bredli which is one of my fav morelia. Love em all at the end of the day, and am trying to find a way to have em all.
Take care.

i wud get a BHP woma or a albino darwin and a het and breed them later down the track.........i wish i had 2k to buy more pythons with good luck an post some pics of ur new buy when u get it

Thanks for the reply's guys, i havent heard a bad thing yet about Bredli's so thinkin thats the way to go. I dont think i can justify purchasing an albino yet. Maybe down the track

Roughie for sure...best pythons that are available! Anything is better than those damn ugly bredli's ;)

getting some pythons now steve, i told you, you would want more.. there such a beautiful animal mate, hard to decide what to get next...lol.. something will come along that will catch your eye & you have the funds to buy it, dont go buy the first one you see, take your time & get something that you will like & feel capable to keep in your collection, tony

Womas, Hypo Bredli, Black Head in larger snakes.
Wheatbelt Stimmies, Blonde Mac's in Antaresia
& Roughies (they are bloody awesome)

Hehe and you are only just getting started...I was like you not that long ago, Now my reptile collection numbers 51 :)

My first snake: Amethystine (or Scrub) Python.
most people recommend that this is not a snake for young or first time keepers, but i couldn't think of a nicer snake!
i have had "Bruce" now for 4 months and in said time he has only struck me twice.
i would be confident in handing Bruce over to a young child (as i did several times at the local footy game)
bruce is vertually bomb proof. he has had swarms of kids reaching at him, being rudely woken up, and countless other things with not a sign of agression.
a word of warning is that they (scrubbies) are australia's largest native python, the largest on record reaching 28 feet!
with the right treatment and attention though, any snake can have the most beautiful temperment.
all it really comes down to is what snake YOU want.

you should get a scrubby though... :D

most people recommend that this is not a snake for young or first time keepers, but i couldn't think of a nicer snake!
i have had "Bruce" now for 4 months and in said time he has only struck me twice.
i would be confident in handing Bruce over to a young child (as i did several times at the local footy game)
bruce is vertually bomb proof. he has had swarms of kids reaching at him, being rudely woken up, and countless other things with not a sign of agression.
a word of warning is that they (scrubbies) are australia's largest native python, the largest on record reaching 28 feet!
with the right treatment and attention though, any snake can have the most beautiful temperment.

lol maybe you got lucky?

I think theres some truth in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back