Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a scrubby, jungle or olive may be my choice if i was to get another python. My girl is exactly the same picklepants, an absolute angel wont even strike for food sometimes lol. I would love to see pictures of a 28 footer, i would think 5.5-6m would be a more accurate max in captivity.

im thinking of an olive next. i just love the colour and the size is a little nerve racking but would be all good in time. might see if i can handle one at vic reptiles, just to get an idea of their size and weight.

Steve,

You should be on the Newcastle Social group.

I have just bought a Costal cross from Tatt2tony. I would be willing to bet that you could not handle one of his yearlings without parting with some cash.

Then again have you thought of diversifying and getting a couple of dragons or a small monitor.

Cheers

Newcastle Social group??? What is that??? I would be interested...

yea i got my first snake off tony a jungle yearling (still my fav) good guy to deal with, was more than happy to help out a learner herper. BTW people i purchased a yearling classic Bredli. Im happy with the buy and deep down thats what i wanted.

Let me know what this social group thing is... Im curious.

My first snake: Amethystine (or Scrub) Python.
most people recommend that this is not a snake for young or first time keepers, but i couldn't think of a nicer snake!
i have had "Bruce" now for 4 months and in said time he has only struck me twice.
i would be confident in handing Bruce over to a young child (as i did several times at the local footy game)
bruce is vertually bomb proof. he has had swarms of kids reaching at him, being rudely woken up, and countless other things with not a sign of agression.
a word of warning is that they (scrubbies) are australia's largest native python, the largest on record reaching 28 feet!
with the right treatment and attention though, any snake can have the most beautiful temperment.
all it really comes down to is what snake YOU want.

you should get a scrubby though... :D

untill your at the footy with your snake & it does bite someone= angry parent, call to wildlife in your state= no licence,no snakes... your a fool if you take your scubbie to local footy games for kids to grab at.. do you have a dispay permit to do shows? if you cant stick to the rules of your licence you dont deserve to have one...

Steve,

You should be on the Newcastle Social group.

I have just bought a Costal cross from Tatt2tony. I would be willing to bet that you could not handle one of his yearlings without parting with some cash

ive already converted him tinky..lol..

untill your at the footy with your snake & it does bite someone= angry parent, call to wildlife in your state= no licence,no snakes... your a fool if you take your scubbie to local footy games for kids to grab at.. do you have a dispay permit to do shows? if you cant stick to the rules of your licence you dont deserve to have one...

the Parks ranger didn't seem to mind.
Cheers!

the Parks ranger didn't seem to mind.
Cheers!
i dont mind either, but my snakes are worth a whole lot more to me than looking cool to a bunch of ppl i dont know, i would rather have my snakes than an ego stroke..'look at me..arnt i cool, i have a snake'...

If i had 2 grand to spend it would be a toss up between a GTP, a scrubbie or a pair of BHP.......
and yeah i agree it is utter stupidity to take a scrubby out in public with little kids......its an accident waiting to happen

would love a GTP,...fave of the ones i have is my male hypo bredli, hes far from a perfect hypo but is the sweetest man EVER!!

this was a good thread until the snake-police turned up ;)

I want olives... preferably white ones ;) for under 2K would be brilliant. PM me if you've got some.

hahah snake police,
great to see people enjoying there snakes to the fullest :)
get every type of snake you want my friend and keep on enjoying them and sharing your excitment
be care ful though when your snake gets big enough to smash someone LOL

I'd get myself a sexy BHP or Olive.

Due to our licensing being different, if i was in your position I'd even consider a Water Python, they seem so cool =p

i know they can be nasty, i know they make you bleed, i cant help for vote for these though they make all other pythons look sluggish and lazy plus i love aboreal predators!

5.jpg

femscrub.jpg

if I had the money now I'd purchase the adult female NT BHP I am after or a B&W Jelletine Jungle striped animal off of Collin

Nice one Kenshin.

I was originaly going to spend a bit om cash and buy something expensive but glad i didnt atm. My Bredli is going well, nice natured. I think next year i might buy something differant either a super striped or GTP etc. BTW do you need to have a differant level AKL to buy a GTP or roughie/

Oh a pic of the Bredli is now my avitar... Nice pic hey? LOL

Olive (Liasus olivaceus) or Scrubby (Morelia Amethystine) :D

Conformation: M. amethystine or M. kinghorni?

Given the chance if you could purchase a new snake tomorrow what would you buy? Out of all the snakes you own or had what would be your favourite? spotteds!!!

I am leaning towards a Bredi or i do like the look of the albino darwins.

BTW up to 2k to spend... ;)

Oh! um... a 2k albino olive!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back