Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooglabah

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hay guys i want to compile a list of all pure pythons

heres what i can think of off the top of my head please feel free to correct any mistakes i make and add to the list

rsp
coastals
md's
bredlis
gtp
jungles
childrens
spotted
stimpsons
bhp
womas
water pythons
olives
scrubbies

thats all i can think of atm.

please add to the list people i need to know what snakes i have to get to complete the collection for :p

White liped python
anthill
oenpelli

never even heard of em can you get em in vic??

Your thread topic is Morelia but some of the pythons mentioned are not Morelia species. Are you after just Morelia or ALL pythons which is a list of what you are getting.

A%20complete%20guide%20reptiles%20of%20Australia.jpg

yeah cant afford reptile books atm thats why im asking you i was originally looking for carpets but i changed my mind to include all australian pythons.

im after a complete list of all aussi pythons as im moveing into a 3 bedroom house in july and the third and second bedrooms are going to be snake rooms....i only need one room for myself. so i wanna go for 2 of every python i can get in australia. then move to frogs and crocs and then elapids :)

I gather you aren't planning to marry and/or have kids :p Plenty of time for that later eh?

Borrow books from local library if you can't afford to buy them.

im after a complete list of all aussi pythons as im moveing into a 3 bedroom house in july and the third and second bedrooms are going to be snake rooms....i only need one room for myself. so i wanna go for 2 of every python i can get in australia. then move to frogs and crocs and then elapids :)

two bedrooms aint gunna be enough for one croc let alone two.

You'll be needing a three bedroom Ark.

And you cant splash out on a book?:shock:

Good point Cement. If you are planning on having that many snakes you should at least have a couple of good reference books on hand. The one you have already been shown is an excellent dictionary for identifying species. It gives brief but clear descriptions on species. And this is another I can recommend.

reptileproducts004.jpg

Antaresia maculosa- Spotted
Antaresia stimsoni- Stimsons
Antaresia childreni- Childrens
Antaresia perthensis- Pygmy or anthill

Morelia viridis- Green tree
Morelia carinata- Rough scaled
Morelia kinghorni- Scrub
Morelia amethisina- Amethystine
Morelia oenpelliensis- Oenpelli
Morelia spilota spilota- Diamond
Morelia spilota mcdowelli- Coastal Carpet
Morelia spilota variegata- North Western or Darwin Carpet
Morelia spilota cheynei- Jungle
Morelia spilota imbricata- South Western Carpet
Morelia spilota metcalfei- Murray Darling or Inland Carpet

Liasis fuscus- Brown Water
Liasis mackloti- Macklot's Water
Liasis olivaceus olivaceus- Olive
Liasis olivaceus barroni- Pilbara Olive

Aspidites ramsayi- Woma
Aspidites melanocephalus- Black-headed.

You won't be able to get the Pilbara olive (I think) or the Oenpelli.

the reason i can afford the book is cuz im moveing out im moveing out with the missus who is massivly into herps as well if i need more room befor after the python collection is complete i'll get a better paying job and move into a bigger house and as far as kids go meh free olive and croc food. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back