Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NUBIS EATING RIGHT NOW :D :D :D :D :D :D :D YAY!! lol. oh thank God for that! i defrosted the mouse in three different temps of water. cold water, room temperature then warm water, 5min in each. dried it for a while in paper towels, put a car glove on (haha yeah im a pussy) and then dangled it infront of him, tapped his head and neck for a few times and he didnt like that and moved away, persisted with it, then tapped his mid body, and i noticed he reacted to that. then i tapped it harder and longer and he constricted around it, i moved the mouse back and forth and saw him tighten around it more, let it go, popped the lid on, turned the light out and shut the door, looked 7min later (now) and he is eating it head first :D, soooooo happy :D thanks for advice guys and lets hope he continues to eat more regularly for me :)

just a few pics :)

Attachments

• IMG_0361.jpg
    IMG_0361.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0357.jpg
    IMG_0357.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0360.jpg
    IMG_0360.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0359.jpg
    IMG_0359.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0363.jpg
    IMG_0363.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 41
good to hear its always a relief when they begin feeding properly for glad you didnt have to go on to scented

I'm just wondering here but why is your coastal always on top of his snake hide? is it too hot? doesn't fit him coz it's too small? coz I saw a couple of your pictures and it's always on the same spot. lol

heya, umm well it is a hide, and he def fits in it no problem, im guessing its keeping in the heat and might be too warm, ive just been experimenting around with the set up in the click clack to see what suits him best. there is def room for him to lay on the heat mat outside the enclosure and he used to do that before i put the hide there, i guess he likes ontop of it better? :)
i dont want to move the heat matt around too much incase he doesnt get enough heat inside or outside the hide

btw i dont really like the heat matt, its quitew hard to get an accurate reading on temps. i am looking forward to building a new enclosure with globes :)

good to hear its always a relief when they begin feeding properly for glad you didnt have to go on to scented

yeah hopefully i wont have to go scented and will just keep feeding.. might have worked out how to get him to take it which is good :D

And again i haven't read all your posts but have you got a digital thermometer? an infrared one maybe from herpshop? that helps a lot. and its accurate.

no but! i asked a friend to get me one, i wasn't sure how accurate they would be and if they need to be calibrated often etc, but will get onto him getting me one for sure asap :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back