Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol....i do the torch thing every night before i go to bed with all of them if they arent out of their hides. I wouldnt be to worried about him just yet, but if you want you can get him out to check him over. He might be a little snappy if he is comming up to a slough, but it is better to put your mind a rest and then leave him alone. If his eyes are clear, give him a good look over and make sure he is moving ok. Have you got him in a high traffic area of the house or in a less used room? Vibrations from footsteps, music, and other house hold appliances can stress them out simetimes

lol yeah jus a little piece of mind to know they are still there, considering they are known escape artists lol. ive got it in my room, no tv's on, no music or frequent footsteps.. so it wouldnt be because he is nervous... i might take a look in a few days, or when i pop some dowel in there... i know it doenst like it when the hide is lifted off him, also i havent seen any waste since fed on the 6th of this month :?

what a beauty! just gawgeous, congrats
Thank you :D :D

really does sound as though he is goin to slough pretty soon, my hatchie hasnt sloughed yet but my 2 larger ones, when they are due to slough they wont deficate untill they have. At one stage lily held it for 2 weeks! I keep my hatchie in my room as well as it is alot quieter with the 4 kids running around.

i had a peek in the hide with the torch, and was curled right near the entrance... i Think he looked a lil dull but may have been the light.. im guessing itll be a shed... hopefully it wont take too much longer, i want to get some handling time in :)

sometimes they come out, sometimes they don't. don't fret too much. it might be cold, it might be about to shed, it might just be actign like a hatchling and hiding from predators...

lol...it does get a bit like that with the handling, i guess thats why i've got the 3 and want to get a couple more, so that i always have one that i can get out ;) Hopefully he wont take to much longer if it is a slough, and after his first you will start to learn what his routine is when a slough is due. I think Lilith is going to get the blue eyes in the next week or so as she was fed 4 days ago, still hasnt deficated, and is hiding alot of the night instead of being aout and about, although i did catch her sticking her head out of her hide just before but it was "dark" so couldnt really see anything.

my bigger coastal and my GTP both ate the day before their last sheds. it's amusing to see a coastal eat a big meal and rip through it's skin :)

If mine didnt wait till after sloughing to crap i prob would feed em right up to it if they wanted it, but i dont feed again till after they do.

my bredli ate right up to his slough last time, but refused a feed just before slough the other day (but ate yesterday). it's hard to get it right when they are growing so fast, since every second or third feed at the moment seems to coincide with a slough :)

Blue-eyed feed
DSC_2102.jpg

sometimes they come out, sometimes they don't. don't fret too much. it might be cold, it might be about to shed, it might just be actign like a hatchling and hiding from predators...

im not too fussed, as long as i can see it in the hide and it moves when i tap the click clack im ok :D...thought i heard it moving last night but when i got up to look nothing was there.

lol...it does get a bit like that with the handling, i guess thats why i've got the 3 and want to get a couple more, so that i always have one that i can get out ;) Hopefully he wont take to much longer if it is a slough, and after his first you will start to learn what his routine is when a slough is due. I think Lilith is going to get the blue eyes in the next week or so as she was fed 4 days ago, still hasnt deficated, and is hiding alot of the night instead of being aout and about, although i did catch her sticking her head out of her hide just before but it was "dark" so couldnt really see anything.

haha yeah m happy with my one for now...still need to get it sexed too :). yeah sounds like it is... fed on the 6thApril and only seen it 2-3 days after that and once after it went hiding for a few minutes. how long does it usually take anyway? shuld i expect another week or so?

Yeah i still need to get Kuddles sexed, and want to get agro done as well, just to double check what he is. At a guess i'd day that he will slough within the next week, maybe even less. Lily usually take 14-16 days total from when i can guess she is due, agro 11-13 days and not sure bout kuddles yet, i'm still waiting to work it out.lol

lol nice names :)... would it be expensive to get it sexed at a vet? looks like my only option at the moment... stillllllllll hiding, i want to play with the lil guy :)

i've got a breeder thats going to do it for me, it's where i got lilith from. He charges $10 per snake and has 30+ years experience, so i'm not sure what a vet would charge. I'm sure if you put a thread up someone on here could hook you up with someone thats a bit cheaper than a vet in your area thats more than capable

this is true...theres a club about 15min away that runs every first thursday of the month but i have commitments at the moment preventing me from going. i guess i could call the vet and see how much itll cost... i dont mind spending $10-20 or so...
ill also ask my breeder now if he knows of anywhere thatll do it... ive named my snake Anubis :) or nikname: Nubi ;)

Nubi....love it! :D Your lucky we dont have a reptile club in ballarat, there's not all that many people that are into them around here, could have to do with the fact that all the snakes we get, browns RBBS, taipans, copperheads, most people are trained to be scared of and they cant see the animal through the fear, and even if we did i'd struggle to get there as i am a shift worker who works arvo's :(

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 2:30am last night i had an urge to check n see if Anubis was out.. he was.. and in the middle of shedding!! :D
i tried to get some pics but they never turned out any good...ill put them on the comp and see if they are worth posting. he has come out much lighter than the first pic... very exciting :), also got his skin and unrolled it all without any rips, ill measure it up and see how long Nubi is :D

Woo hoo, i bet its a weight off your shoulders now that you know what was going on with him! My hatchie should be shedding in the next day or 2 as well. Just remember when you measure the skin that it can be up to 50% bigger than the snake actually is, but i am planning on keeping my hatchies first skin so that i can have a comparason to put it again the next time it sheds. If you want a good measurement of Anubis down load this Apps and follow the instructions.

yeah huge relief! had to clean out the enclosure too cause followed with the skin shed was a huge dump lol. took Nubi out, was very placid and happy to climb all over the laptop and bed head and my arms n legs. left the enclosure there after i cleaned it and Nubi stayed out for an hour before it decided to go in its enclosure. got to catch the ending of a yawn too :D so cool haha.
Thankkkks for that link! ill be sure to use it for sure! hopefulllllly ill be able to get to the meet up next thursday n get Anubis sexed... dying to know :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back