Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHAHA gotta love it when they do that, at least he didnt let go in the skin ;) Kuddles isnt hiding alot even though i know that he is comming up to shed, and have had him out the last 2 nights after work for a little, has been a little jumpy but no bites yet :D I have a broom handle that i hang from the bed across to the enclosure so that when he's out he always has the easy option of going to bed, and i know where he is off to. I'll have to stop being lazy and take mine to get sexed, havnt got any kids this weekend so might so it then.

He's looking good after his shed, just make sure ya check his eyes and tail tip for retained skin, but he's looking all clean ad shiney to me ;)

Last edited:
yeah i was lucky lol, his skin was all rolled up, took me ages to unravell it but i checked it carefully and the scales over the eyes are on the skin and the tail tip is there too, also double checked him to make sure there was nothing there ;)
How old is ur hatchie did u say? oh yeah thats a good idea, i just bought some dowel to put in his enclosure so if i got left overs il see if i can get something to lead up to his click clack.

haha i dunno if anyone wants to see the pics im putting up but thought i would anyway lol :p . i really need to get a better camera though, iphone is pretty bad quality lol.

Kuddles is 10 weeks old now, and i have been using the broom handle for the last month or so for my darwin as his enclosure sits ontop of Kuddles enclosure. The last time i got a rolled skin it had been sitting there for a few hours and had gone hard so i had to get Lilith out and check her over, but have found out that you can unroll them using water if they have dried and stuck together. I'm liking seeing the pics, and hopefully will be able to post some of my own soon ;)

Nubi....love it! :D Your lucky we dont have a reptile club in ballarat, there's not all that many people that are into them around here, could have to do with the fact that all the snakes we get, browns RBBS, taipans, copperheads, most people are trained to be scared of and they cant see the animal through the fear, and even if we did i'd struggle to get there as i am a shift worker who works arvo's :(

Taipans in Ballarat? Typo instead of tiger maybe? Mistaken a whip snake for one? I have never heard of taipans in Ballarat.
I'm heading to Ballarat in June to work in the health clinic for a bit and was looking at doing some herping the area, any good places to go?

quite possibly was a miss identification, was only 7-8 at the time and didnt get close enough to have a good look...lol... i havnt really found any areas that are better than others for herping, anywhere away from town is as good as it gets, although i have been out around St. Georges Lake out at Creswick, Bungal Dam or Brisbane Ranges national park in the last 12 months and saw a few blueys, skinks, RBBS and a nice brown at St Georges. I dont get much of a chance to get out anymore since the rug rats came along,

kids are great and all, but wheres the flexibility? can you call in sick?
Relating to the thread, awesome name, Newbi! started thinking about number 2 yet?

the weathers to ******* most of the year to even worry about it and i only drive a car so its a little hard to get into some of the other places that i used to go, an with 4 kids even if i did have a sickie i'd still have stuff to do. How long are ya planning on staying in the 'rat? it'll prob be a bit cold june/july an dont think you'll find alot till early aug, unless you have more luck than me!

Yeah was thinking it is a terrible time to finally leave the concrete jungle, ill turn over a few stones and whatever else to have a look-see until I get bored of trying and give up. I doubt I'll find anything. I hear they shut down the rattle and hum? or the straddle and.... the rest :p

shut down, re-opened, shut down and then re-opened again same as most of the places around ballarat. 21 Arms has been shut for the last 6 months except for a few special events. I'm glad that i'm past that stage now...lol

Kuddles is 10 weeks old now, and i have been using the broom handle for the last month or so for my darwin as his enclosure sits ontop of Kuddles enclosure. The last time i got a rolled skin it had been sitting there for a few hours and had gone hard so i had to get Lilith out and check her over, but have found out that you can unroll them using water if they have dried and stuck together. I'm liking seeing the pics, and hopefully will be able to post some of my own soon ;)

Awesome :). yeah i was lucky i got it while it was still moist, took so long because i didnt want to make any rips. What would be the best/effective way to go about getting scales off eyes and tail if it does ever happen? Yeah :D post pics when you can, i luv seeing other people's snakes and their setups etc.

kids are great and all, but wheres the flexibility? can you call in sick?
Relating to the thread, awesome name, Newbi! started thinking about number 2 yet?

haha thanks, no way mum would slaughter me (yes im 21 but living in her house its her rules...well sorta hahaha she was notttt happy about lil Nubi :D but i am) but yeah as a beginner im more than happy with just the one.. and so far so good no bad attitude or nips yet :) tho im still waiting for it to happen lol. did get a little restless last night after 10min so back in the enclosure it went :)

like this thread have learned a little cheers guys keep posting pics

:) glad its helping some people.. it can be a little overwhelming at first. Have you decided on what python ur going to get? any preference or size limit?

for retained skin, i've been told a tepid bath for half an hour should help to soften it so that you can remove it, as for eye scales i've been told different things, soak them in a bath and carefully remove them, leave them and see if they come off with the next slough, or, go to the vet to get them removed. No doubt i'll get corrected if i'm wrong :D Get ya mum used to nubi while he's still small and you have a chance to get her used to them, as a smaller snake is less "scarey" than an adult or even a yearling ;)

not sure yet mate, prob a spotted first then i was thinking a coastal or jungle. still trying to make up my mind.

Kuddles shed last night :lol: It was one piece and i think he's looking good... first 3 pics were taken this morning after his shed, second 2 were taken 2 days ago....

nice coastal !

not sure yet mate, prob a spotted first then i was thinking a coastal or jungle. still trying to make up my mind.
well im very happy with my coastal.. i wanted a jungle but too snappy for my preference.,,

Kuddles shed last night :lol: It was one piece and i think he's looking good... first 3 pics were taken this morning after his shed, second 2 were taken 2 days ago....
Wowww looks great, loving the colours and patterns for sure :D

Took a video of Kuddles having a feed tonight, 15g pinky rat, took bout 15 mins to get it down but have edited it down to under 4mins, can see his colors alot better than the photo's....
[video=youtube;Fj-RwDXfv60]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj-RwDXfv60[/video]

Hey Tiger, some nice colours coming through on Kuddles there! Nice and bright. They always look so fresh and clean after a shed. My girls eyes have just started to cloud over so she should be looking her best by the end of the week.

Last edited:
thanks blondie, he is looking alot better than he did a few days ago...lol. My 2 y/o is cloudy at the moment, have had a snake slough once a week for the last 2 weeks (agro, then kuddles,) and if lily does before next friday will make it 3 in 3 weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back