Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i like the ackie ones lol
there is like 6 different people selling ackies and they all have the same pic lol the one with the dollar coin

" unusual colour & striped pattern"

Nope, looks like a stripe B&G jungle to me, nothing unusual, just nice.

or clearance sale all must go due to moving cause of work and will not have the space for them...... i have found that one a few times

Agree to all the above, really hate when people use fancy terms and made up locales, etc, especially when describing a rather ordinary looking animal the majority of times!

My olives looked no different to any other olive but mine are pure locality to Katherine, NT. So that makes my snakes more special :D

This has been an amusing thread to read.

or clearance sale all must go due to moving cause of work and will not have the space for them...... i have found that one a few times

ummm how is that bad?
I had to move awhile ago, and wasnt in the position to financially (or space-wise) be able to keep my animals and look after them properly... i'd rather have someone with the time and money to look after them, then have them suffer.

This isn't for reptiles:

New and Improved... It's ether new or it's improved, it can't be both

A peeve of mine is when people just write "Make an offer" as the price even though the people have a general idea of around how much money they want.

Also, I find it weird when people don't post pictures of the animal they're trying to sell. A good strategy would be to post pictures because if there's people like me who like to look through for sale threads out of curiosity rather than being in there to look for something specific then there's a chance a picture will catch the person's eye and make them want to buy.
Totally agree with that.
I like to "window shop" myself - just browse, see what's on the market. Doesn't cost anything to post a pic or two.

And the "Make an offer" is even worse: I know how much I want to spend, the seller knows how much he wants at least and he's hoping the offer will be above his expectations.

yeah im sure there is a house the same size as the one they are in now at the town they are moving to. i for one would make sure if i was moving i could take my animals

I don't like the ones who advertise "Genuine buyers only, no tyrekickers". So unless you're committing to buying, your not allowed to enquire or ask any questions?

*Pictures of clearly wild caught animals.
Thats a new one, your powers of observation must be extrordinary.
Barring many obvious skin worms perhaps,
I'm wondering if you could enlighten me, so as to avoid any dodgy sellers?
A sick or mite infested snake, bad shed etc, might only indicate very poor husbandry, no?
Should an animal be displaying it's documentation in such a photo?
"sex unknown"
If it pertains to young then I dont have a problem with honesty. Annoying if its an older animal I suppose, but then I prefer to buy young so I dont inherit 'issues'.
Mine- 'morph' or 'phase', period.

P.S the problem with writing 'no tyrekickers' is that it tends to attract deliberate tyrekickers! It's asking for it!

Last edited:
I have been guilty of taking the grainy photograph, then saying "the picture doesn't do them justice". I only had a camera phone and that was what I used. I got the odd tyre kicker and that was all. It wasn't until someone started a thread on this forum complaining about sellers putting up grainy photos that I figured it out (and thanked them for setting me straight).
The moral of this tale? Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. While some I have read here are clear cases of sellers preying on the gullible and inexperienced, others could very well be genuine mistakes.

I have been guilty of taking the grainy photograph, then saying "the picture doesn't do them justice". I only had a camera phone........

Not everyone can afford the expensive cameras that take pristene, perfect photos. Then if you do have a camera like that it does help if you know how to use it. I have a beautiful pair of jungle pythons. They look just like the jungles on Southern Cross's website. But do you think I can get a photo of mine to look like that.......noooo....my pictures make my jungles look washed out. But, if you don't believe me when I say my picture doesn't do them justice, come and see for yourself. I swear I haven't painted them ahaha

Black and White imbricata at three times the going rate. $1500 for a muddy looking stock standard carpet.

Not everyone can afford the expensive cameras that take pristene, perfect photos. Then if you do have a camera like that it does help if you know how to use it. I have a beautiful pair of jungle pythons. They look just like the jungles on Southern Cross's website. But do you think I can get a photo of mine to look like that.......noooo....my pictures make my jungles look washed out. But, if you don't believe me when I say my picture doesn't do them justice, come and see for yourself. I swear I haven't painted them ahaha
My point exactly. The person who purchased my Jungles put pictures of them on the list and got a lot of positive comments on them and a couple of people putting their hand up for a hatchie.

The ones that annoy me the most are "Black and Gold Jungles solid colours". And they look horrible.
And the high red inland beardie would have to be up there wouldnt it?

I don't like being approached in shops and asked if I need help. I seem to be an easy target. I am sure they think "AHA, there's a sucker, lets go get her money." I have never bought frozen rats from a pet shop but yesterday paid $70 for 5 rats. I still can't believe I did that. Had I been left to my own browsings I would have seen them and seen the price and said no forget that. But the guy that served me was kinda cute and couldn't wait to dump the rats in my hands. I find it difficult saying no when it seems ppl are going out their way to try and help. Ouch, won't do that again.

Sucker

My most hated phrase is, That's my lowest price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back