Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of pics of new pair yommy,the one with the black eyes and nose shed and its a yellow green colour,the other one is the female and its been scoffing rats.
They read the paper after dinner and i find it amuses them.

Yeh they like the shredded paper yommy and they cant inhale it,the bhps here have a big box of paper shredded ile have to get the womas some also.

i would love to add a couple of pics of a nice male and female I have but I cannot for the life of me seem to get them up, can anyone host them on this thread for me please. Thanks for trying to post them newtolovingsnake but it would seem the photos are to 'large' to post on here:cry:.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Last edited:
Hi endeavour... You can email them to me if you want and ill pop them up, or try using the "go advanced" function and posting through there... Pm me if you need my email.

Recent pic of our Yearling girl

Attachments

• 09.04.12_046.jpg
    09.04.12_046.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 98
Yeh they like the shredded paper yommy and they cant inhale it,the bhps here have a big box of paper shredded ile have to get the womas some also.

I keep my womas on shredded paper too. They do well on it for years now.

Attachments

• IMG_2130.jpg
    IMG_2130.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_2169.jpg
    IMG_2169.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 106
She was just sold to me as a tanami Yommy but I'm pretty sure she is Topaz, still has a really orange belly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

d31f3506-e068-b658.jpg

Had these two together for about 30 mins while messing around in the snake room today. This guy didn't waste anytime!!

d31f3506-14e3-fa69.jpg

Thanks squinty. He looks a lot better after a shed. Has a nice busy pattern.

Still going still, what a stud!

hey brett, not really trying yet - just a bit of an introduction while cleaning some tubs etc and they were mating when i went back so decided to leave him in while he was at it. I wont really be pairing anything up properly until june but its still nice to know they are keen to get it on! Ive got all my fingers and toes crossed for those WAs this year!

I put my WA's together tonight and they are spuring etc. I'll check tomorrow for any more action.

Can I ask why you leave it so late David? I pair my animals up late April/ early may and get hatchies in October. Mind you. It is much cooler here so I can start now.

Wow - tonight I just gave my pair their last feed before cooling. Judging by those photos, they may be ready before I am! I wasn't going to put them together until May. They are only 18 months old, so probably a bit young. I will let them have a go, as they are adult size Boodaries. Do most people wait until 2 1/2?

Just because they are adult size at 18 months doesn't mean they are ready to breed....

What weight are they at?? IMO I would wait till 2.5 years personally. I know of someone who waits till 3.5yo...

I haven't weighed them lately, but they were just over a kg each in January at their last weigh in. I will get an accurate weight in a couple of weeks when they have passed the last couple of rats. I moved them to fortnightly feeds late last year, as they had grown so quickly and I didn't want them to get fat. They REALLY love their food. I have heard that the wild specimens will breed at about 500g, but then again, they may be a couple of years old at that point, as they are not getting regular rats like the captives. If not interested in each other or if the female doesn't ovulate, I won't be terribly disappointed. I just thought it worth a try. What breeding weight do you aim for with your WA females?

My wa female is 1600mm long and ATM 2.3kg. But. She is 8yo and pretty much all muscle but that is huge. I like my other females to be about 1.5kg minimum. But all muscle and no fat.

What size rats do you feed? My 18month animals are about 800g and my 2.5yo rhd is 1200mm and 1.2kg. I would breed her this year but I'm going to move her on and concentrate on my other rhds.

I know the boodaries are smaller and therefore would most likey go at a lower weight but breeding 18month womas isn't something I'd do. Instead of 4 eggs and small hatchlings plus a hard recovery for the female after laying to get back up to weight wouldn't you prefer to wait another year get 6-8 eggs with larger hatchies and have the female recover quicker? I am lead to believe breeding them young takes a lot out of the females hence why it's best to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back