Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear about the parents' about face. Maybe they took a peek on here and realised how addictive they are and assumed u may not have stopped at just the one.

Oh and no point dropping the "f", "c" or any other bomb for that matter on here as it gets "asterisked" out.

We get your point.

you dont hate your parents kid , your just a little mad at them , if youve got that attitude towards them then its not going to help in anyway either , try having a mature chat with them and see what there reasons are they may be quite reasonable in the end , but with that attitude they wont , trust me

I love my parents :)

Also WomaGaunt is now allowed to get it !!!!, aha we are good friends and he inboxed me on faceebook :)

Last edited:
Thread needs more pics.........

Here's Coy looking like she needs her feeds upsized - No bulge at all.

118a07eb.jpg

That must be cool to see the eggs being laid like that !

Show us ya woma set ups :)

Here's what i've gone too. From Snake Whisper, cant fault them. Perfectly sized....

As you can see by my standard bank, 2ft is 1ft to much.
Unless your running a climbing species compared to woma's

Attachments

• woma rack 008.jpg
    woma rack 008.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 141
  • woma rack 007.jpg
    woma rack 007.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 179
Hello from the United States. Here's my first Woma (female), purchased a few weeks ago. Male will be here in a few weeks. Always wanted one and love her feeding response. During her first feeding, she took the rat pup immediately in her feeding tub. Then she proceeded to bite my snake hook (testing her reaction for the first time). I left her alone to mellow out, she moved her tail, and decided to bite it. Once in her enclosure, she brushed up against a piece of wood, moved it, and bit that. She's a bit better now, but WOW!

Here in the states, localities are muddied, so we do not have the option to purchase pure lines. Any idea of what locailty she may lean towards? Due to import bans, we have what was already here before the restrictions. Luckily, I do not need a permit to own her.

Attachments

• IMG_1321.jpg
    IMG_1321.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1324.jpg
    IMG_1324.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1325.jpg
    IMG_1325.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 83
Domingos, it looks similar to my WA woma, but couldn't be sure at a glance. If you have seen the parents, can be a good indication, if fully mature and around 4-5 feet, good chance it is WA bloodline. Otherwise someone on the forum with better knowledge and experience than me may be able to help. As I said looks similar to mine, but that may not mean much.

I was under the impression that most of the woma's in the state that where smuggled in etc were of tanami origin.
WA's didn't come into our hobby until about 5-6 years ago. My boodaries are from the 1st F1 generation group captive bred and released from pilbara pythons and Rob Mcleod. And the sandfire stock etc were released by Snake Ranch a few years later....

But like stated they're origin is muddied, regardless its a nice looking example regardless.......

Last edited:
Thank you. She has a rust, orange belly and her background leans more into a creamy yellow. Will her dark striping fade out, or is she pretty much what I'll see as an adult?

Where I live, there aren't many Woma breeders and I rely on a local reptile shop to provide me with the womas. Haven't seen the parents. They have sold beautifully colored babies in the past who have turned into gorgeous adults.

Last edited:
found my little boodarie girl ovulating tonight - she is only small as she has been a difficult feeder (yes, a woma that didnt eat everytime food was offered!). She is about 2.5-3yrs old and would only be about 1.2kg so she is only a small girl and has only had a small ovulation but hopefully will get a few nice eggs from her. Sorry about the dodgy iphone pic.....

Attachments

• woma2.jpg
    woma2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 75
There's already pics of Wormy in this thread, but he's just had a shed and looks awesome, so here he is again.

I seriously recommend these guys to anyone that is after an active and interesting snake. Worm is always doing something, and often something stupid! :D:D

P8270154.jpg
P8270157.jpg
P8270158.jpg

hey yommy, bigger girl hasnt gone yet but is very thick so hopefully she will go for me. How are yours progressing?

I like that rack too - do you know the dimensions/brand of the tubs?

Cheers,
Dave

Not exactly sure on tub dimensions but each rack space is 800W x 1100L x 300H.
Aaron (snake whisperer) would be the man to ask. I know he has to order them in as I've just ordered another rack the same as that one. They are awesome. Only thing I add is LED lighting. I also have a concept to be able to lock it. Similar to what I've seen on O/S freedom breeder racks.
As for the woma's all is progressing nicely on all fronts. Expecting a few clutches this season.

Last edited:
My big boodarie looking very chunky this morning......
y6ubedy6.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back