Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I buy another woma (have 2 already) do I still need to get the restricted licence? because I have heard they have come off the endangered list but that may not be true? thanks

Last edited:
Womafan
They are coming along very nicely. Your yellow female will become more yellow than that (she's more yellow than here mother at the same age) stunning animal.

Nellynake
Yes you'll have to apply for the upgrade to the restricted licence.
Not a hard process just cost you more.
Let them know its for pythons only. Fill out the app pay the $$$$ and your good to go.

Womafan
They are coming along very nicely. Your yellow female will become more yellow than that (she's more yellow than here mother at the same age) stunning animal.

Thanks Brett I'm so happy with these guys. At what age do you find they reach there full colour potential?

a few from my boodarie x tanami clutch.

Attachments

• f2.JPG
    f2.JPG
    212.1 KB · Views: 56
  • f4.1.JPG
    f4.1.JPG
    235.5 KB · Views: 55
  • m1.JPG
    m1.JPG
    241.3 KB · Views: 49
Some of the Rabbit Flat clutch off the 'normal' lighter female thats a full sibling to the RP animals of the group.

Coming along nicely

Attachments

• 20 Jan 13 019.jpg
    20 Jan 13 019.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 66
  • 20 Jan 13 027.jpg
    20 Jan 13 027.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 20 Jan 13 040.jpg
    20 Jan 13 040.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 20 Jan 13 048.jpg
    20 Jan 13 048.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 68
  • 20 Jan 13 054.jpg
    20 Jan 13 054.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 20 Jan 13 061.jpg
    20 Jan 13 061.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 60
nice yommy , the second one looks awesome , will you be letting any of these guys go anytime soon or will they all be held back as part of your project ?

Not sure about my two's eyesight but their aim is shocking. I am always in shock if my Uluru lands a clean strike. Most the time he gets too excited and tail wags and head bobs like crazy. But then it is hard to aim when you are constantly moving your head.

My Tanami hatchy is much better but take a while to strike. Tenses his whole body into s shapes before he strikes.

Neither of mine have head butted me but when I handle my Uluru he sometime freezes and spends ages with his tongue flicking my skin. It looks like he is thinking about biting but he hasn't so far.

I am looking to maybe get a woma for my son in a month or two, he likes them, my question is do they climb? I have read conflicting stories, they can and do climb but are a bit clumsy to no they don't like to climb so they don't, I have an old tv unit 800x980x560mm (highxwidexdeep) that I am converting to a future enclosure and it has a shelf in the middle with a branch from the bottom to the shelf for access, would this be suitable for a woma?

I am looking to maybe get a woma for my son in a month or two, he likes them, my question is do they climb? I have read conflicting stories, they can and do climb but are a bit clumsy to no they don't like to climb so they don't, I have an old tv unit 800x980x560mm (highxwidexdeep) that I am converting to a future enclosure and it has a shelf in the middle with a branch from the bottom to the shelf for access, would this be suitable for a woma?

womas are terrestrial so they like the ground more. when I have asked people what sizes they think is good and they almost always say 4x2x2 (LxWxW and that's in feet) hope this helps

Preferably a bit longer would be better for a woma. They occasionally climb but if you want a black or white answer, no ggenerally they don't. The 800mm high is really just a waste, especially if you plan on overhead heating as it will take a lot more power to reach the ground. Plus IMO 980w really isn't enough. It's really cheap to build your own enclosure though. If you don't want to you can usually find some very nice cheap ones made by others in he for sale section. Best of luck, womas are great snakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back