Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: sofar

Sounds like a great day as well as as plenty of variety...wish we had events like this in Nth Qld!!!

Does seem like you're a hard man to please Simon,what were you expecting perenties and other uncommomonly kept animals?What would you say about the standards that was low?

Thought the day went pretty well today despite the weather. Have to agree with the comments on the band. Bloody thing had me going crazy when I was on the walkway. Had my juvi diamond (Mitch) and juvi atherton carpet (Shey) on display (double white melamine enclosure on the table as u first walked in), and managed to pick up a baby female macquarie short neck off the guys at Pets R Us and get one of the most beautiful lookin little proserpine carpets ive seen off Tim. All up I spent about $787 in herps and herp supplies, so im broke again but was well worth it :D . Didnt recognise anybody from the site there, but If ya got there after 12 I was the young fella collecting money at the entrance.
Hope everyone had a great time yesdy.

Jay

Would love to see some pics of the Proserpine carpet Jay if you get the chance????What colours does it display?

I calle din for a few hrs also, was a good day with a lot of yng herps on display / 4 sale. It didnt seem as big as last years, display wise but had a lot more babies for sal / display which was cool. Definietly something to look forward to each year though. Shame there is nothing else for the rest of the year anywhere near here.

cheers
chris

Heres a small list of some of the animals I saw yesterday.

Redbelly Black Snakes, Large King Brown, Common Tiger Snake, Black Tiger Snake, Taipan, Eastern Brown, Feirce Snakes, Spencers Monitor, Lace Monitor, Saltwater Croc, Eastern Water Dragons, Common Bearded Dragons, Inland Bearded Dragons, Blacksoil Bearded Dragon, Common Bluetongues, Centralian Bluetongues, Northern Bluetongues, Western Bluetongue, Pink Tongues, Cunningham Skinks, Northern Spineytail Geckos, Leaftail Geckos, Broadtail Geckos, Knobtail Geckos, Greentree Frogs,Whitelipped Tree Frog, Redeyed Tree Frogs, Dainty Tree Frogs, Long Neck Turtles, Shortneck Turtles, Diamond Pythons, Brisbane Carpets, Proserpine Carpets, Jungle Carpets, JungleXDiamond, Inland Carpets, CapeYork Carpets, NSW Coastal Intergrades(Browns, whats an intergrade), Blackheaded Pythons,WA Black&White Blackheaded Python, Woma Pythons, Bredls Carpets, Hypo Bredls Carpets, Scrub Pythons, Water Pythons, Childrens Pythons, Stimson Python, Common Spotted Pythons, Blond Spotted Pythons.

There are probably a few more species I have forgotten or did not see. There were also continual talks throughout the day by experts in the theatre, as well as 2 pit shows running every hour, as well as a mass of reptile products and cages for sale, plus a great BBQ lunch, and oh yes, how could we forget the BAND.

As I said some people are hard to please, all of the above for a $6 entry fee

bigguy said:
As I said some people are hard to please, all of the above for a $6 entry fee

I have a feeling it's going to cost me about $206...idiot me didn't realise that as I was driving in, there were speed cameras on BOTH sides of the road around the corner from each other, doh!

Tim, now you have me worried. What speed cameras?????? Oh s#*&, :shock: I did not see any on the way in or out. I hope you went on a different road than I did

lol...I followed the F3 right to the end then went down the pacific highway/maitland road past the Hexham Bridge (rather than the newcastle link road)...They were a few km's before you turned off at the cemetary.

The link road might of been quicker but me with my super hot navigational skills (ha!) thought rather than chance getting lost I'd just follow the one road all the way :)

Tim, thanks for that, you have put me back at ease. I took the Newcastle link road :D

bigguy said:
Redbelly Black Snakes, Large King Brown, Common Tiger Snake, Black Tiger Snake, Taipan, Eastern Brown, Feirce Snakes, Spencers Monitor, Lace Monitor, Saltwater Croc, Eastern Water Dragons, Common Bearded Dragons, Inland Bearded Dragons, Blacksoil Bearded Dragon, Common Bluetongues, Centralian Bluetongues, Northern Bluetongues, Western Bluetongue, Pink Tongues, Cunningham Skinks, Northern Spineytail Geckos, Leaftail Geckos, Broadtail Geckos, Knobtail Geckos, Greentree Frogs,Whitelipped Tree Frog, Redeyed Tree Frogs, Dainty Tree Frogs, Long Neck Turtles, Shortneck Turtles, Diamond Pythons, Brisbane Carpets, Proserpine Carpets, Jungle Carpets, JungleXDiamond, Inland Carpets, CapeYork Carpets, NSW Coastal Intergrades(Browns, whats an intergrade), Blackheaded Pythons,WA Black&White Blackheaded Python, Woma Pythons, Bredls Carpets, Hypo Bredls Carpets, Scrub Pythons, Water Pythons, Childrens Pythons, Stimson Python, Common Spotted Pythons, Blond Spotted Pythons.

Well as I read that, there must have been plenty I missed...not sure how considering I walked the entire place (except the pits). That is quite a good variety of animals I admit.

Simon Archibald

Simon, You would of missed a few of them since you didn't go to the pits...The only other herp I can think of that I saw that wasn't on that list is Bob's Olive - heavy young lady she is! No need to have a gym membership if you have her hanging around your neck for a while.

Wish there were more expos like this around.

wish we had 1. we had the lilydale show over the weekend and he who shel remain nameless did a talk i heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back