Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure? I've seen my share of Bandy bandys, and thats a dead ringer for one. How can you be certain??

The perch in its click clack is the first give away and the second is that big fat head.

I'll go double or nothing with Hodges' life too :lol:

Stephens' banded snake:

Bandy-bandy:

Noticeable differences:
black and white versus black and yellow
narrow head versus broad head
I've never been bitten by a Stephens' banded snake

Stewart

I stand corrected. I've caught a few of those ones called Stephens Bandeds. Nice little snakes.

I stand corrected. I've caught a few of those ones called Stephens Bandeds. Nice little snakes.

Do you have much elapid handling experience. Perhaps you should work on you ID abilities before you go out herping next. ;):lol:

I'll teach you how to wrangle a bandy bandy one day if you like. :lol::lol::lol::lol: Scary buggers they are, there is a trick to tailing them that I have mastered. :D;)

wow, what a thread. I got square eyes and can't read.
Heres a common adder, still a gorgous snake though.
Its a relocation from one of our local beaches, was found on the high tide mark in a clump of seaweed by a early morning beach walker.

Attachments

• 63.jpg
    63.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 85
  • 64.jpg
    64.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 68.jpg
    68.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 77
Do you have much elapid handling experience. Perhaps you should work on you ID abilities before you go out herping next. ;):lol:

I'll teach you how to wrangle a bandy bandy one day if you like. :lol::lol::lol::lol: Scary buggers they are, there is a trick to tailing them that I have mastered. :D;)

I do have some handling experience, but i'm keen for more. I'm pumped to take on some big Browns. As for ID abilities, i've got a bit more to learn, but i'm 99% of the way there.

I thought i had Bandys covered, but i was proven wrong tonight (although i'm not 100% convinced dpeicas snake is not one).

Real bandy bandys move quite fast kingcoastal. If you dont watch what is happening they shoot up over your shoulder and before you know whats happened they have landed a good two meters behind you.

I thought i had Bandys covered, but i was proven wrong tonight (although i'm not 100% convinced dpeicas snake is not one).

It is a Stephens Banded, it's his snake I'm sure he would know.
Plus Bandy Bandy's feed largely (if not exclusively) on Blind Snakes, so keeping a Bandy Bandy would require a breeding colony of blind snakes, plus a nest of ants or termites for the Blind Snakes to feed on their larvae.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: i find Bandy Bandys in the trees all the time....lol

:lol::lol::lol::lol: i find Bandy Bandys in the trees all the time....lol

I've caught most of mine around chook pens. I presume their after the chicks. Occasionally i've found them in roof spaces, but thats fairly rare.

Have you got some pics of your Bandy Bandys ??

Dont usually take pics of them. I normally just take them down to the local swamps and let them go in the reeds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back