Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what great looking snakes!
Wondering how they go for a first time snake keeper?

Got some photos while I was cleaning tonight. Two little Julattens and a female Palmerston.

How do these beautiful snakes go for a first time snake owner?

there pretty easy to look after and great pythons in my opinion. depends what you want out of owning a jungle though.. If you want an animal that you can handle easily then they maybe are not the best choice unless you get one thats reasonably calm and relaxed. most palmerstons are probably not a good choice for a first snake owner that wants to handle them, but there are always exceptions :D

I see a lot of jungles with very striking colour and some without, is this a 50/50 chance of getting a nice coloured one or do they all become striking colour eventually?

there pretty easy to look after and great pythons in my opinion. depends what you want out of owning a jungle though.. If you want an animal that you can handle easily then they maybe are not the best choice unless you get one thats reasonably calm and relaxed. most palmerstons are probably not a good choice for a first snake owner that wants to handle them, but there are always exceptions :D

I just love their colours though! lol
Great looking snakes..
What would you recommend for a first snake? Great at handling, good tempremant, etc.

Cheers

I see a lot of jungles with very striking colour and some without, is this a 50/50 chance of getting a nice coloured one or do they all become striking colour eventually?

Selective breeding is your best bet, though from time to time you get the odd stunner....

Took this pic this morning... Looks promising! :)

IMG_9484.jpg

Awesome Colin.
For god sake though mate, its the weekend, sleep in for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back