Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the list of new things to come is too long to see which one will be the next "big hit"

this list is just the snakes to come

albino womas
albino BHP
albino GTP
heaps of other GTP morphs (hypers, blues, yellows)
albino macs
leucistic macs
pie bald macs
jags
granite crapets
zebras & supers
crosses between albino darwins, jags, granites and zebras
granite childrens
granite murrays
white lips?

and a few other morphs that I wont mention

IMO much of the more expensive snakes will be morphs of Aussie species that have been imported from overseas. From what i can tell they breed them up and share them around a bit before making them public to avoid too much attention, from both robbers and the authorities.

Designer hyrbids are likely to become more popular, but i doubt they will ever be worth much due to legal reasons.

IMO the next legit fad or popular snakes will be Elapids and Colubrids, many would have noticed they seem to be going up in price.

If legalities change Oenpelli Rock Pythons and Pilbara Olive Pythons would be the biggest new thing.

IMO much of the more expensive snakes will be morphs of Aussie species that have been imported from overseas. From what i can tell they breed them up and share them around a bit before making them public to avoid too much attention, from both robbers and the authorities.

Now now Cris, that would be illegal and I'm sure you must be mistaken....it's all just coincidence and luck, thats all.

hopefully not things like this... its a carpet x ball python.. i know its a hybrid exotic & exotic are illegal,, but what going to stop someone crossing a scruby x carpet..or simular...

If you're in the market for a new pet then what's it matter what is big and what isn't? You get what you like because you like it.

Oh, and scrubby's are quite big. Olive's too.

White

These the white lips you mean??

Attachments

• S7300625.jpg
    S7300625.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 112
now that nsw has opened the books up to all sorts of crosses like jungle x bredli, bredli x diamond & so on, give ppl a few years & you will see all sorts of new morphs popping up.
Already here. Check the Mac Herps expo pics, there's a Diamond x Bredl's pic there. Considering they're already available (to some extent) & the hobby is polarised in its views of such animals already, I'm not sure I'd consider regular Morelia x the next big thing. Would have to be something pretty special to be considered "big", also taking into account there are some reduced pattern carpets that are somewhat jag-ish already.

white lips?
Don't tease like that!! Next you'll be saying sexy words like "Boelen's".......

the list of new things to come is too long to see which one will be the next "big hit"

this list is just the snakes to come

albino womas
albino BHP
albino GTP
heaps of other GTP morphs (hypers, blues, yellows)
albino macs
leucistic macs
pie bald macs
jags
granite crapets
zebras & supers
crosses between albino darwins, jags, granites and zebras
granite childrens
granite murrays
white lips?

and a few other morphs that I wont mention

I got to get me a Granite Crapet

Why cant the authorities just listen up for heavy metal music and go and seize all these jags before they become a problem?? :lol:

i want to know..

Granites

Why change this by interbreeding?

Attachments

• granite_irian_2006_2.jpg
    granite_irian_2006_2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 134
IMO the next legit fad or popular snakes will be Elapids and Colubrids, many would have noticed they seem to be going up in price.

I keep hearing this, but it isnt the case. Most elapids are cheaper than their ever been. You see ads with people asking silly prices for Colletts or Inland Taipans occasionally, but the vast majority dont sell for those prices.

A few blokes recently have decided to stop giving things like browns and tigers away, and start selling them, but on the whole, most elapids have dropped in price as well. On the colubrid side of things, i've also noticed Night Tigers are cheaper these days too.

the next thing we'll hear about is mutated snakes... 2 headed pythons :) and somehow someone will find a way to not make there genetic make up stuff up and then they can function normally like other snakes :| sounds sus right? dont worry someone will find a way hehe

Hey everyone!

Whats does everyone think will be the next big thing in the snake world...

Have GTPS :D

Looking at buying albino darwins ATM :)

But everything seems to be big for awhile then drops away when lots of people start owning them and the rush to own one dies down and so does the price...:|

so whats the next big thing going to rock are little python world.. :lol:
Hurd about albino blonde Macs..
If not what else is floating around out there...
If i was not to buy a breeding pair of albino darwins what else should I look at:?
Any ideas everyone?:D

have you bred any pythons at all mate?
maybe just start a breeding program with some nice quality animals and step up from there..
why do you want the "latest and biggest thing"?? to make money from them?
why not just have in your collection what you like and what interests you?

the het for albino macs were offered last year mate for $7,000 a pair. there were no albino macs offered as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back