Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Songs or singers name my animals.My little blonde Mac is Christina(Aguilera),my other is Mickey(1982 Toni Basil song) the Mac

my spotted is Striker, i have diamonds: Fang!, Roxy, Billabong, then there is Mr Whiskers and Slippers!
Striker and Fang....obvious what they did best when they were young!
Mr Whiskers has no whiskers and Slippers has no feet!!! but Slippers should be called Airbags!!!

Spotted- Ruby for no particular reason
Bearded- Priscilla from queen of the desert
Pygmy Bearded- Spyro- the game
Bredli- Toblerone- his markings, colours reminded me of the chocolate
Diamond- Merlin, magical, mystical
Stimson- Zelda

My favourite animal names were provided by my son, his best have been:

Shadow rage the Destroyer - Darwin
Headless Joe - Darwin
Lola Pagola no hair woofpoof - Chinese crested dog
Jack attack - Poodle x
Peady party - Turtle

ive got a coastal and i named its aurcard after the vampire in hellsing (anime) then i founded out my coastal is a girl but i still keeped the name i named her that cos i like the name ive got a cape york male i ant named cos i cant came up wit 1 tho is nick name is newbie 4 now lol

The Levis bacon, Lettus, tomato. And all my snakes
Olive - martini
Jungle trio - lemon lime bitters
Duo coastals - midori Nd Maitai
Trio bredli - gin tonic vodka
Ridgetail monitor - Spongebob
4 beardies - bourbon rum qf kaluha
Dog - jäger
Cat - Lola
Because I love food and alcohol ;-)

We had Rexy (Darwin) cos he was sexy!! but he has since passed away :-(
We now have ...
Pharlap - Our 11 yr old daughters Darwin baby ... because he is a reddy colour like the horse (we know his colour will change lol)
Jorja - Darwin Baby ... Because thats what popped into hubby's head when he was smoochin her
Apollo - Darwin Baby ... Because I wanted to go Greek Mythology themed names, love the name and LOVE this snake!! (mummys boy)
Hadies - Darwin Baby ... As said above and Haidies is the god of destruction and this girl is NASTY!!!!!
Titan - Darwin Baby ... Greek Mythology name and cos he was the biggest of the group
Pandora - Darwin Baby ... Greek Mythology name and cos she is so pretty yet feisty as a firecracker!!
Callypso - Murray Darling ... Greek Mythology and because Callypso was unpredictable and so is this little miss!!

and last but certainly not least my gorgeous, crazy, insanely wonderful Bearded Dragon .... Mr Hercules!!!! Because he was sooo tiny when I got him yet the way he carries on u would think that HE think he is 6foot tall!!!!! Insane bunch but we love them all!!!

i have an MD named Anika and a het Darwin called Fedor i named then this because
as soon as somone sees them they ask,"Whats its name?" just seemed right,

Nato

I called my female stimmie Zephyr. No reason except that I like the way the word sounds.

I have thought of a few more cool names for snakes recently. Damn it, I suppose that means I'll just have to get the snakes to match them. ;)

Young (wild) eastern water skink who moved in and decided he (?) liked us and our house, been a permanent resident (house lizard) since about November.

He Is free to come and go and do as he pleases, no restrictions on him at all.

He (?) adopted us and we've been encouraging him (?) by giving him food treats and not chasing him or doing anything to capture him. Became quite tame / comfortable about us and was always very inquisitive.

Currently he's making himself scarce, gone off to sleep away the winter somewhere under or inside the lounge. Hear him wriggling about early in the morning every few days (I think it's Lizzy I can here when the house and street is quiet).
We call him Lizzy. Just seems natural, no other reason for the name.

No idea if Lizzy is a he or a she.

When I was child we had big green tree frog who moved in and would keep everyone awake all night until he was removed from the cysterm or the handbasin in the bathroom by croaking all night. He was a very nice frog and very tolerant of being handled, frogs are great... we called him Freddy. (not very original).

Had other lizards as short term pets (caught them) when I was a kid (a bluey and later a beardy who dad brought home under the wheel arch). Never gave them names they escaped before naming (or were released by dad).

my two female beardies have had a few names due to a 3yo daughter picking and changing but chose gracie and piper, so the names stuck
How are your beardies with your daughter, do they tolerate her handling and interacting physically and verbally with them OK ?

My memories of my childhood are that the beardy I captured and made a pet was all bluff and once he settled/ calmed down and realised he was not going to be hurt was pretty good, very food treat orientated.
He never liked by baby sister was always grumpy if she was around.

Last edited:
I named my Bredli...Riley, because it's the name of one of my favourite singer/guitarist/songwriters dog...and I like the name.

I named my coastal 'Honey', because she has an amazing temperament. Definitely a honey

My Darwin is Smij which is lithuanian for dragon, my Beardie is Gedorah coz he acts like a big scary monster, My EWD is Rogue and when I get a boy it will be Villain, spotteds named by my ex cloak , girl Dagger boy, CND's Asterix, small one, Obelix big one, Womas Squiggle, girl as she squiggles into a tiny hide, Giggle boy as he makes me giggle. Rest unnamed at this stage partially because sex unknown or too new. When I get frillies they will be Vlad and Drusilla as they remind me of vampires with there funny frills.

My first coastal python is called Arnie, after of course the big Austrian Schwarzenegger , why cause when he grows up I am hoping he will fit the name well !! :)

Sookie la-la is my jungle girl cos that's what she is; Bazynga cos when he was soooo little he would hide inside my hand and all you could see was a little tounge flicking in and out; Jeffrey my male woma cos who could be scared of a jeffrey (from the movie get him to the greek); baxter the gecko cos he looks so wise (anchorman..will ferrel); Squishie my big beardie cos i was scared when he was a bubs that i would squish him; the oscar fish named Whitey Ford after the singer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back