Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Southwest carpet python, she is an absolutely great '' little '' snake....well....not for much longer, growing like a boss, she/he has never ever tried to bite me ''touchwood'', she is curious of everything, especially faces. She is the most placid, curious, beautiful python and loves being handled.

my stimmie is very calm and likes to explore when i bring her out. Never snappy at all and a great feeder. When I am mucking around near her enclosure she slides up to the front and checks me out.

Must be a stimmie thing, thats exactly how i would describe my little fellow. I'm looking forward to expanding my Antaresia collection later in the year and comparing the different species.

Must be a stimmie thing, thats exactly how i would describe my little fellow. I'm looking forward to expanding my Antaresia collection later in the year and comparing the different species.

Yeah, Grogshla's post pretty much describes my stimmie. She's placid and very inquisitive. Having said that, keep out of her way when there's food. She turns vicious. :)

RHD Woma 1-Echo, well she used to trick you into thinking she was nuzzling you in an affectionate way (kinda like when you see them nuzzle the food bulge after dinner) then yawn, bite.

I never had a real problem with her when it came to cleaning untill I put her in a bigger enclosure and boom, tries to bite your face off every time you open the door, walk past or even think about looking at her, no more nuzzling first :(

RHD Woma 2-Creapy, is marginly better, she bobs her head wiggles her tail then lunge, unless you catch her in the act and take her by surprise and then she is fine and then she will see what you are up to before she tries to take your eyes out.

And all this cos I put them in a new enclosure so they had room to move, I am so tempted to put them back in the click clack just to remind them where they were as to where they are now and that I love them and they deserve bigger and better things. LOL

What would you prefer a Click Clack or an enclosure?????

My two Coastals are soooo different... Whisper the female she is a shocker, she goes out and parties till all hours, wears tight revealing skin and I suspect she is drinking and smoking(judging by her breath and being soooo unsteady on her tail) Gremlin is such a lovely quiet fellow... he is in bed by a reasonable hour and never has strange snakes over ;) he is proving to be a little introverted though :( I feel he needs to broaden his horizons a little.....
(I couldnt help myself roflmfao....)
Crystal

My jungle was quite the psychopath, he always had this evil plotting look before I opened the cage, this always resulted in him finding some way to bite me - he was quite the character. Very good looking little fella too - looked perfectly innocent at first glance.....looks can be misleading :lol:
My bredli was very calm and easy going, only ever bit me twice, and both those times it was my fault. He'd kind of just hang around my neck and chill while I was on APS, whereas my jungle preferred to wrap around my wrists while I was typing and head-butt the moving fingers :D

My jungle is a sweetheart. Never bites and is happy and curious most of the time. Loves climbing.

my spotted python loves being out but is big for her age and is pretty docile and senses fear easily and as soon as she does she latches onto you

Well iv had my girl for 1 wk, a stimmie, and she is very active in her "room" and Iv only held her 2 times (getting her home and trying to fill her water up!) and she is very active, looks around, checks everything out etc! She is a bit shy and will tuck her head under her body and play the "if i cant see you, you cant see me!" trick!! hahaha! She is still 2 have a feed yet and hasn't had a go at me yet! So happy she is my 1st!!!

Lol, I was just sitting here telling Gizmo he's got issues....

Mr Interactive...(or mrs..not actually sure!). Everytime I go near it's click clack; his little head pops out of his hide to see what's going on. If I hang around the room; he comes out and watches.
But jut now he was bumping his nose against the side of the click clack so hard it was making a thumping sound. Then he was just pushing against it so much that his rock hide he was on top of was actually moving!!
I've only had him a few days, so only handled him to change the paper and water, but he seems very relaxed about it all and very sociable.

My female jungle is the most relaxed chunk of muscle going she dreams of living in my room insted of her enclousure as soon as iam home she pokes her head out the hide and watches me.
I also have two water pythons one will just chill the other likes to give ya a bit of a tast test

Do people usually use hooks when getting their animals out? I've always taken mine out by hand since they were young, the only time I use a hook is after a feed and I'me taking them from the feed click clack back to their enclosures.

My Bredli is very friendly since I've handled his snappiness out of him. He lives up to his name of 'Shifty' by being non-stop when he's out...."oh what over there? oh whats that?" Never stops.

The Woma just wants to be with you, and has never been a problem handler. As soon as you come in the room he is at the glass waiting for you to open it or for another feed. Out of all of our snakes his is the only enclosure with the opening of his hide facing the glass..... because when ever he goes in he always sits his head out.

The childrens python just hangs in her hide unless we take her out. Easy handler and loves getting a rub under the chin by the missus.

And the baby Diamond is still really young.... but is a good handler for his age.

I'm interested to see how our new BHP's will be next year, I don't expect any trouble from the male but I've heard mixed stories about the femals.

My female jungle is the most relaxed chunk of muscle going she dreams of living in my room insted of her enclousure as soon as iam home she pokes her head out the hide and watches me.
I also have two water pythons one will just chill the other likes to give ya a bit of a tast test

Our bhp is as sweet a snake as you could wish for. He certainly has some clown tendancies, but he is never agro. With all our snakes we pop the lid (or door) and let them decide if they're coming out. If not we do the housecleaning around them. No bities ever!

My Coastal is very Placid and easy going, But saying that starting to get food orientated alot.
My Bredli 1 is very easy going, placid , never bitter or stike
My Bredli 2 is a fiesty little thing, fast, alway alert, striked a couple of times and a pig of an eater. :p

thhats my 3

Jeffrey my woma sounds just like the rest,he loves having run of the longeroom floor or the kitchen benches and doesn't care who picks him up for loves.Sookie my jungle lady will only allow me to pick her up but once she settles she will let others touch her....but not take her from me.My big baby is Squish my beardie..........he hates everyone but me and the 2 chiahuahuas.they all know me from other family members and wait for our time out together,both love stretching out along my arms and chest with their heads under my chin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back