Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dont think there is any need to bag out ipswich i live here and enjoy living here i find it pretty offensive some of the comments i have seen worse things in "nicer" towns

Any chance we could have an expo on the north side of Brisbane as it is a long way to go for people that way. 2 hours would be better than 3+ to travel

yeah it dosent matter where you live so why stereo type one town on the reputation of a few?

it was probably me. No need to rub it in, i will dress up next time and wipe my kid's snotty nose.

lol im sure thats not the case waterrat, because if people were to sell animals looking like that, they would not make many sales as their animals may have snotty noses...

Last edited:
I'd like to say a big thank you to all the stall holders that were there for the day and to everyone that came along and supported the festival. Without all of you doing these festivals wouldn't be possible. I also think a big thank you should go out to Joy for all the work that she put in to make this festival happen and all the volunteers that helped.

I just got of the phone with Deb and Doug who were running the sale shed and they told me that they had 3 people sign up for their licence on the day and walked out of the festival proud new reptile owners with plenty more people inquiring about licencing. To me, that fact alone that there are now 3 new people involved in the hobby and hopefully a few more getting their licence over the next couple of days is a huge success.

It was good to catch up with a heap of my aps friends again and I'm looking forward to seeing you all again at the next one.

dont think there is any need to bag out ipswich i live here and enjoy living here i find it pretty offensive some of the comments i have seen worse things in "nicer" towns

dale, I live in Ipswich too, I have for my whole life. It's a nice town, no doubt about that, just some of the people there could try a bit harder in life...
It's just like us Qld'ers also bagging out Logan, and I'm sure NSW, Vic and the rest of Aus have their 'bum' towns. And I think Aus pretty much baggs out Tasmania too :lol: It's all fun & games, no harm intended.

I just got of the phone with Deb and Doug who were running the sale shed and they told me that they had 3 people sign up for their licence on the day and walked out of the festival proud new reptile owners with plenty more people inquiring about licencing. To me, that fact alone that there are now 3 new people involved in the hobby and hopefully a few more getting their licence over the next couple of days is a huge success.
. Troy we had one lovely gentleman who is a local school teacher who left the festival and drove home specifically to sign up for his Licence then returned and purchased his snake as we were too flat out with movement advices to sign him up...... Definetly a two printer/ pc/person job next year as there was never a time without at least one person in front of me doing paperwork for their newly acquired reptiles :). I feel it all went off as smoothly as I had hoped it would on the day :).

It was a great day but as always there are the baggers of the expo...oh well. And yes there were some downright scary looking people walking around....no offence Dale i'm sure it wasn't you....Was Waterrat really there, i didnt see him??

... And yes there were some downright scary looking people walking around....

:| I'm sorry, I'll try a little harder next time to hide my scariness ... Maybe I should have worn that paper bag :p

...Was Waterrat really there, i didnt see him??

Yeah, it would've been great to meet Waterrat :) Pitty we didn't have name tags ;) :lol:

i was just brought up if you dont have anything nice to say say nothing there a people that are not as well off as some in every town i just dont think that there is a need to say things like this i hear it enough from my partners family to be honest i have lived in canberra brisbane townsville and at the end of the day i would prefer to live here im not overly concerned it just gets a little old sometimes!

Ipswich leads Queensland in Sustainability
Awards | Ipswich Living

It was a great day but as always there are the baggers of the expo...oh well.

Well said mate. I wish people knew how much work goes into one of them. For the organizers to the stallholders it takes a lot of preparation... I know how much work it takes us to set up so for someone with enclosures it must be a nightmare!!! I do get a little disheartened when I read negative comments because you start to question why you bother going to such effort for peeps just to bag it out. On another note, it was great to see my shot of Gary the Gecko on the front of S&T calendar and inside the SHARP special edition!! :)

Well said mate. I wish people knew how much work goes into one of them. For the organizers to the stallholders it takes a lot of preparation... I know how much work it takes us to set up so for someone with enclosures it must be a nightmare!!! I do get a little disheartened when I read negative comments because you start to question why you bother going to such effort for peeps just to bag it out. On another note, it was great to see my shot of Gary the Gecko on the front of S&T calendar and inside the SHARP special edition!! :)

You're right there, the weeks of long nights busily getting the gear ready and then comes the weekend, setting up on friday involved starting at 10 am and finishing somewhere around 9pm i think. It's all worth it in the end. Dale i'm sorry but your bites made it too irresistable to get you riled up...no harm intended ;)

I think a big thank you is in order for Joy and Troy and the gang at Scales and Tales as without them organising an event like this there would be nothing for us people in the hobby to go to. I think Joy should be commended on her time and patience liaising with DERM in order to be lucky for reptile sales to take place at an event such as this. I am quite happy to pay the $10 entry fee to support the hobby :)

Last edited by a moderator:
:| I'm sorry, I'll try a little harder next time to hide my scariness ... Maybe I should have worn that paper bag :p

Yeah, it would've been great to meet Waterrat :) Pitty we didn't have name tags ;) :lol:

haha not you at all, you could never be scary ;)

Where we supposed to pay to get in? I didn't know, I just walked straight in, sorry! No one even looked at me

reaches for shotgun.......

You're right there, the weeks of long nights busily getting the gear ready and then comes the weekend, setting up on friday involved starting at 10 am and finishing somewhere around 9pm i think. It's all worth it in the end. Dale i'm sorry but your bites made it too irresistable to get you riled up...no harm intended ;)

all good mate lol just get a ear full from the inlaws enough gotta learn to lighten up :p your enclosures where great by the way and loved your trailer to

Where we supposed to pay to get in? I didn't know, I just walked straight in, sorry! No one even looked at me

:lol: yeah, the entry fee was $10 adults, $5 kids. How did you get past those 3 at the front?!

haha not you at all, you could never be scary ;)
haha yeah, rightio :p Don't deny it, I gave you nightmares lol. red-headed midget attacks!

Any chance we could have an expo on the north side of Brisbane as it is a long way to go for people that way. 2 hours would be better than 3+ to travel

I'm all for that :D

That way you cover the north, with the west covered and the south covered now :)

At the end of the day this has been a landmark festival/expo for QLD. from the Scales and Tales team for them to get a foot in the door with the selling of reptiles, which the knockers , peeps, and tyre kickers wont and don't appreciate now or in time to come as l am sure this sort of show (selling) will broaden the debate for the commercial reptiles list when the time comes.
.........solar 17 (baden)

Yeah I agree, most people are around brisbane anyway. We had to drive 2 hours there and back, and passed 3 tolls to get there :/ My mum hates me now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back