Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
High light was Jinjajoe's collection outstanding display. Was very disappointed with the rest of the expo compared to the Gold Coast.
Cost me 50 bucks for wife and kids to get in and bugger all to see. About half of last year.

I agree, cost me $100 in fuel and a three hour drive. But I did get a cuddle from Bob IRWIN so maybe it was worth it LOL.
The snake display outside was a disapointment as I can't go out in the sun let alone stand in it.

I agree, cost me $100 in fuel and a three hour drive. But I did get a cuddle from Bob IRWIN so maybe it was worth it LOL.
The snake display outside was a disapointment as I can't go out in the sun let alone stand in it.
I didnt see an outdoor display?

Yar I wasn't even there today as I am at work ,I haven't even seen anything yet.
Next year will be a great year!
Info and cool snakes!

Free beer? are we aloud Free beer?

haha I will have to work on the free beer part :D
. I had printed out information forms attached to the table on the poss het T+ and there was printed information on all the skink and gecko tubs and a few other special items.... We had no choice other than to go 2 deep as we had so many animals available for sale... There were 7 individual sellers there on the day all with some beautiful animals.... All up there was about 160 animals offered for sale.... There were some very happy customers with their purchases... As with any sale though it's always the speciality animals that sell early on in the day....

"the other side" l was there selling adult pairs and single stimmies and spotteds and some of the questions just blew me out of the h2o: 1/ several times, how much cheaper "off paper". 2/ l have to handle everything l buy so l know its not wild caught. 3/ why aren't you selling albinos and greens 4/ of the "proven" breeding pairs that l sold, do this years eggs come with them, but to two young geniuses l said, no but next years do ...oh wow!!!! before the penny dropped.
..........solar 17 (Baden)

"the other side" l was there selling adult pairs and single stimmies and spotteds and some of the questions just blew me out of the h2o: 1/ several times, how much cheaper "off paper". 2/ l have to handle everything l buy so l know its not wild caught. 3/ why aren't you selling albinos and greens 4/ of the "proven" breeding pairs that l sold, do this years eggs come with them, but to two young geniuses l said, no but next years do ...oh wow!!!! before the penny dropped.
..........solar 17 (Baden)

lol , poor thing!

Lol Baden yes there were a few interesting questions and comments.... But all in all I think you would agree that that sales went off pretty smoothly for a FIRST TIME EVER IN QLD :). Thanks heaps for being a part of this awesome experience and for being the FIRST EVER PERSON to sell a reptile in Qld at a festival :).

yeah must feel pretty good to hold that title and even better for the major players in getting the ball rolling on it even happening

It was a lot smaller than I thought but it was ok, I would put up pics but all the pics on here are he same as mine lol, some very nice animals, I have been thinking about getting a lacie but after seeing them in person I definatly will be now, maybe even two!!!

Last edited:
well it WAS ipswitch....... lol

lol don't know if it was an Ipswich thing but I did notice some people with kids that probably need to spend some money on clothes for themselves and their kids, before spending money on reptiles hey...:?

HAHAHAHAHAH also did anyone else see that young kid get nailed by the woma at the ERD show. Lol don't play with a snakes face HAHAHAHAH.

Just to clarify before the internet rumour mill kicks into gear...we did an impromptu show with Bob Irwin. During the show, I handed Bob a Woma that I wouldn't normally let kids interact with...Bob let a older kid pat it and the kid experienced his first feeding response bite from a metre long Woma. He took it like a champ though - no tears, and his parents were brilliant about it. It's the only kid that's ever been bitten by anything in the 5.5 years I've owned ERD, and hopefully the last!

Apologies for the lack of shade - our display arena isn't compatible with setting up on concrete, even though it would be far more convenient! We didn't pull it down by midday either, we just didn't have anyone in there during the heat of the day when shows weren't on. We were all inside with plenty of animals for everyone to interact with at the ERD photo stall.

lol don't know if it was an Ipswich thing but I did notice some people with kids that probably need to spend some money on clothes for themselves and their kids, before spending money on reptiles hey...:?

Ahh good ol' Ippy ... Yes, that's pretty much a daily occurance around here :lol::|

It was probably me. No need to rub it in, I will dress up next time and wipe my kid's snotty nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back