Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh... it's nice to feel wanted... even if it is by a snake. Try sitting in the garden, or in the bush near a big pile of brush or plant thicket, with the snake between you and the bush, and see which way it heads... there would surely be a few damaged egos from what I read here.

Pythons crank up in the early evening, which is why they are 'waiting' for your 'attention'... That is normal python behaviour. They haven't been waiting all day for you to come home from work, get dinner over, and then have playtime with them. Of course, if you take the lid off your enclosure and offer them something to climb on (your loving hand), they will take up the offer.

Snakes make the most of what they are offered - some are tolerant of handling to the point of indifference. That's all it is.

Try the bush test if your ego can handle it...

Jamie

bahahahahhhhhhhaa for someone with soooo much to say maybe u should have read the entire thread bahahahaha no-ones saying their snake would rather be handled than out of their enclosure alone ( or in the bush) simply that they enjoy being handled.... Its kind of common sense that a snake would rather be in a bush , but what we are saying is ours also enjoy being handled ! god that was hard without being nasty !

I guess people just love to anthropomorphise their pets. I do this a bit with my two snakes, too (have only had them a few months), but at the same time I don't actually take it seriously. I don't seriously believe my Stimson python wants to 'cuddle up' with me when he crawls into bed under the blankets or wraps around my arm.. Especially since getting a Jungle Python who is slightly less tolerant of people..

Also, I don't think my Stimson python is actually giving me kisses (as in my profile pic)..

Zeezza, can you tell us how the word "enjoyment" fits into reptilian behaviour, how would you measure it, analise your data and interpret the results?
I am not being silly or nasty, that's how it's done. The same as for "intelligence".

Hornet - what i said was i comparing how i feel that my pythons are in relation to attiude ! once again i was saying that they were - can my snake fetch a ball ! retrive the paper - roll over on command ! lick my face constantly and anoy me !!!
i was comparing attiudes in general !!!

waterrat - intelligence is hard to judge in any animal !! years of testing has concluded that nearly all animals show intelligence in one way or another ! its what we percive as intelligence as !! maybe we are the dumb ones !! ( that another story ).
there are chimps that know signs, crows that can work out how to manipulate hooks to retrive thier food , and so on !!!

one of my coastals was in an enclosure that using a three step process it could escape from ! without any one of these three steps escape was not possible! it was fort knox untill she used this three step solution !
i have another costal in there now and this coastal has never once escaped this enclosure !
intelligence is measured by our ability to understand !!

one of my coastals was in an enclosure that using a three step process it could escape from ! without any one of these three steps escape was not possible! it was fort knox untill she used this three step solution ! !

That's interesting. How many times did she repeat the process? You should write it up.

step 1. find hole;
step 2. get out of hole;
step 3. find owner for a rewarding cuddle.

oh how i love threads like this, although that was another 5 minutes of my life i'll never get back, but still it was worth it :)

That's interesting. How many times did she repeat the process? You should write it up.

sorry waterat - i was going to write that in she had repeated this process 3 times before on the third i wasnt home and she went into the air con duct system lost her for 9 months we even had the fireys out looking for her but when found she need spent another nite in that enclosure again!!!

step 1. find hole;
step 2. get out of hole;
step 3. find owner for a rewarding cuddle.

oh how i love threads like this, although that was another 5 minutes of my life i'll never get back, but still it was worth it :)

why waste ur time then ozzie python !!!!! - no- one stole ur time you must have been bored !

Notice - why is it all the older members of this site think there word is gospel - out of all the post most of the critism has come from people who when i read there threads or other threads are the same as this - know alls !
sorry waterat this excludes you as i respect you just not the crazy ones !!!
the three step process related to the door latching and door.

Last edited:
Ahhh Reptilian-kman... you're a treat. Incidentally, I said 'crock of poo', not 'crook of poo'... In my opinion, you are actually demeaning the truly grand nature of your animals with this ridiculous nonsense. Nothing I have said here in any way points to me being stupid.

What were the three steps to freedom your snake worked out and used repeatedly to escape?

Jamie

Notice - why is it all the older members of this site think there word is gospel - out of all the post most of the critism has come from people who when i read there threads or other threads are the same as this - know alls !

No one is saying their word is gospel but some are stating facts. Nothing to do with thinking they are better then anyone, just trying to get across a point and make people realize they are misunderstanding the behavior of these animals by anthropomorphizing their behavior

No one is saying their word is gospel but some are stating facts. Nothing to do with thinking they are better then anyone, just trying to get across a point and make people realize they are misunderstanding the behavior of these animals by anthropomorphizing their behavior

Ahh yes but we cant let Fact get in the way of the warm fuzzy feeling of naivety

Curious if snakes like to socialize in general, why aren't they seen in groups like other animals?

Well, you haven't been observant enough - they do socialize. We have a group of BTSs up here, they meet every friday on the old mango tree and have a party. I've heard that they recently formed a BTS Union to counter the oppressive attitude of the CTSs, who being diurnal, make noise and disturb the BTSs. There is some habitat dispute going on. It's a really riveting stuff mate, you should go bush more often to see how gregarious snakes are.

I believe my snake sort of likes handling because he gets to explore a bit. "Snakes only tolerate it" - although this may be true, there's no need to get angry at people if they think they like handling. If done carefully and not too frequently it can do no harm to the snakes. Yet again, how can you really know what a snake is thinking?

Slightly off topic but Snakeluvver are you really 11? My 11 year old brother is nowhere near as eloquent as you. I'm really impressed with some of the stuff you come out with

Slightly off topic but Snakeluvver are you really 11? My 11 year old brother is nowhere near as eloquent as you. I'm really impressed with some of the stuff you come out with

Haha thanks :) I really don't want to be the "stupid annoying kid on the forum" so I'm glad I don't come across as being that :)

Well, you haven't been observant enough - they do socialize. We have a group of BTSs up here, they meet every friday on the old mango tree and have a party. I've heard that they recently formed a BTS Union to counter the oppressive attitude of the CTSs, who being diurnal, make noise and disturb the BTSs. There is some habitat dispute going on. It's a really riveting stuff mate, you should go bush more often to see how gregarious snakes are.

Lmao

Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back