Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ my mate (a 20 year old) named his Coastal "Doodle" after constantly getting in trouble for saying "I'm just playin with my snake" on the phone without thinking...so now he just says "just playin with mah Doodle" since he gets the same reaction

...you go into an op shop or furniture shop and the first thing you think of is how you could turn the tv units/dressers/shelving etc into tanks and only choose the pieces that would work for both.

When:

A - Your first thought when bitten is not "Ouch", it is where is the camera

B - You keep your camera near your enclosure in case of A

When you're pretty sure your roomies date never contacted her again after what he found in your freezer...
He was sooooo not impressed.

*When you mum is worried about you joining WIRES till you explain that you can't keep everything you get called out for.
*When you have a movie playing in the background but you cant remember exactly what happened cause you are on APS with your snake warming itself in you jacket pocket.
*When you go to a breeder to pick up a snake and think seriously about buying a baby beardie as well till you realise that extra money is your fuel money you need to get home.
*When your nephew says that he no longer needs to go to a zoo cause he can just visit your house.
*When you sit in your room alone chatting to your snake.
*When your boyfriend tells you you're in love cause you just got a new snake and you are talking about your 'baby' too much.
*When you go out shopping for frozen baby mice then throw them in on top of the frozen lasagne and your mum knows there is no point in arguing cause you are just gonna tell her that you baby needs to eat same as she does.

Last edited by a moderator:
....your partner takes you to Fantastic Furniture and all you do is check out all the units that can be converted to snake enclosures.

Yeah, mum was worried about my volunteering at the RSPCA for the same reason. Lol, I'm the bring, sad animal cases home type.

You and I living together would make a good team but I think we would be very broke. We can't save them all, unfortunately.

I love this thread. So many apply and make me laugh.
I slipped up last night trying to tell my partner he should go and get a 'subscription' instead of 'prescription' for possible bronchitis.... Aha... Does this count?

yeah tara it does !!! thanks, so much applies to me as well.

Haha awesome cheers! :D
You know you are a reptile keeper when you get introduced to any new person AS a reptile keeper, everyone must know. Haha. Examples- at Dad's house while looking at his frogs or birds- "This is my daughter Tara, she has snakes, lizards, frogs, turtles- Oh, she's got everything!"...... Out to dinner with people from pet shop "This is Tara Leigh, she has more at home than we do in the shop".... etc.

I love this thread. So many apply and make me laugh.
I slipped up last night trying to tell my partner he should go and get a 'subscription' instead of 'prescription' for possible bronchitis.... Aha... Does this count?

hehehe, gold Tara, pure gold! I wonder if my hubby's trip to the VET for his blood-tests come under this too...?! (he asked me to make an appointment for him, or give him the phone number for the clinic - I did, he dialled and the response was "xxx's Vet Clinic, how can we help you?!" Oops!

When you're at a friend's birthday do and everyone is standing around discussing how best to thaw out a frozen rat.

you know your a reptile keeper when its story and thundering outside and you run to get your beardie and put him in your shirt where its warm, but are sad that you cant handle your snake because she/he only ate nearly 24hrs ago

You and I living together would make a good team but I think we would be very broke. We can't save them all, unfortunately.

Yeah, one day when I'm a millionaire I'll save them all. You can come help.

hehehe, gold Tara, pure gold! I wonder if my hubby's trip to the VET for his blood-tests come under this too...?! (he asked me to make an appointment for him, or give him the phone number for the clinic - I did, he dialled and the response was "xxx's Vet Clinic, how can we help you?!" Oops!
Good form. Good form. I like. I like.

You know you're a reptile keeper when... you keep reptiles:D

When you ask a girl out and she just looks at you weird, you then relise the dead rats your holding may be a bit creepy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back