Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The big croc was there came up from nowra wildlife park which is on the shoalhaven river my brother is always scared that it will get into the rive while were skiing lol

Yeah! He/She was over in the corner, great portable setup that was to fit him/her in.

Everything was awesomely put together.

Well done Anthony, Mark and all involved. Had a great day and it was good to catch up with many of you at the BBQ.

Went today, was fantastic. Picked up a WA BHP for $670.00, which i thought was unbelievably cheap, especially when other people had them for sale at $1000+. Im a snake lover so was very happy with the expo, but can understand frog and lizard lovers being a bit peeved. Still, all in all was another great experience, have to say my only disappointment was with the diamond 1st-3rd in the show, to me they looked like intergrades, very high yellow but unbelievably big rossettes, almost too big IMO, but i am no judge. I thought other more traditional diamonds, especially the "orange" one, were alot more spectacular. Oh well

i went yesterday n thought it was pretty good.....got very packed though,not much room to move around in...was pretty disappointed with the lack of dragons for sale,in fact i didnt see any for sale n i was there early enough i thought (10.45am)
picked up a stunning mt. isa bhp so i was happy,the missus a bit upset cause she had her heart set on gettin another beardy

Oh wow! I so loved my first Frog and Reptile Expo. Yes, I was a little disappointed at the lower number of lizards that were available, but it was all I could do not to leave with half a dozen blue-tongues. They are simply the cutest babes. I saw quite a few baby beardies on offer today, but while I went in there with every intention of buying a bredl, I didn't leave with one.

*squirms* I instead got another coastal carpet -- a striped one. Oh she is sooooo beautiful. Her markings are so striking, and her nature is already proving to be a pure delight. She's showed no defensive behaviour at all - although I can tell that she's hungry - and has already familiarised herself with my camera lense by climbing up over the side of her click clack to climb all over my camera and hand.

Because she was doing the same thing my other snake does when he's hungry -- displaying hunting behaviour, searching in among the paper substrate. Our boy only does that when he's looking for food and does it more regularly the closer it gets to feeding day.

Last edited:
Just got home from it. Lots of snakes and barely any dragons for sale.I didn't get to come home with anything though :(

We thought the show was great. We're into snakes so we weren't phased at the lack of frogs and lizards. Ended up buying a 5 month old male Olive from Colourful Critters from the Central Coast. Couldn't be happier! Just got to get the little bugger eating...

It's great to see how far ithe show has come from the first one I went to a few years ago. It's truly now a fun day out for the whole family. We'll be back next year.

i was there today and got my first snake
a spotted python
and when i asked at the snake farmer if there was a forum i could join he directed me here, so here i am
i loved the show

i was there today and got my first snake
a spotted python
and when i asked at the snake farmer if there was a forum i could join he directed me here, so here i am
i loved the show

Welcome to APS then... :D

Good luck with your snake and don't be afraid to ask, the forums are quite good and the members very helpful.

Cheers.

I thought the expo was great :) Good to put a few faces to names.
The layout was much better this year - more spread out. I was also impressed with the amount of geckos for sale this year. The display animals were great too - I really want a Spencer's monitor now lol
BBQ wasn't so great for the price though imo

Just got home from it. Lots of snakes and barely any dragons for sale.I didn't get to come home with anything though :(

The main reason for not many dragons or similar lizards for sale, is that breeders can't keep hatchlings till May, as it would coast them 10 times the price of the dragon to keep it fed from Dec / Feb till May.. The timing of the show doesn't suit mass lizard sales, but summer wouldn't suit the show as there would be heat issues.

You need to go on the Friday. You usually can get the pick of the crop.
Dragons may have all got snapped up then. Gotta be quick!

I loved it. and i have to agree with the diamonds. the intergades won all the prizes! my diamond didnt get anything :(
but my ackies won 1st and 2nd place lol helps when ur the only one in the class :D :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back