Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yommy, that looks almost exactly like the position I caught my female RHD woma in yesterday. She was on her side in the middle, like she was lying on her size especially toward the tail end. I dialed down the thermostat a couple of degrees in case the hot spot was a bit too warm. She went back to her normal position in a neat coil in the hot spot. I use a non-contact thermometer, and I measure underneath the enclosure directly on the heatmat I can get readings anywhere from 33 to 45 degrees. But the temperature of the actual snake ranges from 26-35 degrees. I doubt a body temperature of 35 degrees would ever kill a woma of all species of snake, from what I'm told they can handle body temperatures in the 40s in the wild without any trouble.

However, in the middle of summer, I believe my house has reached 48 degrees on a very hot day, I reckon that is really quite dangerous and pushing the boundaries of what a woma could handle without risk of serious harm. So I'm getting someone to look at my A/C split system before summer really gets going, I will be making sure I'll leave the A/C on cooling mode at 32 degrees when I'm away from home.

No where near those temps in that spot. Got a temp gun that hot spot stays at a nice 32 degrees. She occassional basks in wierd positions. She was on her 5 day rest from the male, getting ready for the next round of introductions and romancing :)

cleaning the cages today, you find your animals in some strange positions. Here the female Boodarie side sun baking
:)
I have two male womas that lie on their sides like that sometimes. They're really weird. One time I caught one of them doing it and he had his head on its side too - freaked me out as I thought he was dead lol.

Looking good yommy those are cracking snakes she's looking good I'm not sure if I've noticed it with womas before (certainly havnt bred many) but antaresia start to go side up before belly up (quite early too) I have some ants starting to go side up, good luck with her.

Cheers no-two.

Last season was her 1st and she laid slugs. But cooled the male really well and put really good condition on both leading up until now and the introductions have been full on between the two so let the waiting game begin.
Not many bred the F1 gen boodaries last season so some fertile ones this season would be good.

heres my WA male and female :D

Attachments

• womas 003.jpg
    womas 003.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 91
  • womas 001.jpg
    womas 001.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 93
  • womas 004.jpg
    womas 004.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 81
  • womas 002.jpg
    womas 002.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 83
i was feeding my animals a little while ago and i went to feed my costal a large rat and she wasnt keen, so i offered it to my biggest male woma and he wasnt interested either. i didnt want to waste the rat so i offered it to my biggest female woma, that i had already fed, and she gobbled it up. the next day i was doing a paper change and could resist this pic.

daisy1-1.jpg

heres a couple pics of my NT boy and his new marine carpet in his enclosure

Attachments

• woma 3.jpg
    woma 3.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 77
  • woma 2.jpg
    woma 2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 69
  • woma 4.jpg
    woma 4.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 70
  • woma 1.jpg
    woma 1.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 66
cleaning today so took a few pics.
Attached is a pic of the same python. one with the flash and one without the flash. It is hard to get the females exact colour in pictures as she is very yellow, though the flash seems to wash it out alot.
Interesting difference i thought.

Attachments

• No flash.JPG
    No flash.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Flash.JPG
    Flash.JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 85
looking good yommy. hope she gives you a clutch, looks promosing so far. i havent actually seen any confirmatory action between my boodaries yet this season. thats not to say they aren't at it like teenagers. if we both have success this season with them, ill be interested in a swap if you are up for it?

looking good yommy. hope she gives you a clutch, looks promosing so far. i havent actually seen any confirmatory action between my boodaries yet this season. thats not to say they aren't at it like teenagers. if we both have success this season with them, ill be interested in a swap if you are up for it?

Sounds good to me :) I have witnessed these guys going for it, but they are secretive and prefer to mate in the hide.
If i get a clutch i'll get in contact with you. New blood is always a good thing and i want to develop this line for sure.

Last edited:
Nice looking little guy there LuckyPhil78. They are such characters at that size.

Here's a progressive pic of the female and male today. The female is on the right, male on left.

When introduced in late April they were very similar in size, now well into the breeding season and well on the way to being gravid, she is packing on the size. You can now see the skin between the scales. I love the subtle signs you see with your animals on a week to week basis this time of year.

Having the previldge to interact with australian native fauna, does it get any better.

Attachments

• IMG_2028.JPG
    IMG_2028.JPG
    203.6 KB · Views: 79
looks like you might get a nice early clutch from her this year mate. haven't checked on mine for a couple weeks, ill get her out and have a good look to see how she is coming along. i tend not to bother looking at them all that much during breeding, me peering in on them all the time and disturbing them isn't gona help get the job done i figure. It wont make any difference. fingers crossed for us all!

Yeah Jason all the signs are looking good. I guess it's the joy of having my PC in my snake room. I can swing on the swivel chair and check out the chargers without any distrubance :)

Plus with my cage design the hot spot is out in the open side of the cage so i can visually check on them without the need to touch or pick em up.

Even after the photo this morning clearly showing the female well on the way. This male was back on the job tonight. Who am i to stand in the way of romance :)

Must be something in the air today as all my collection of various paired pythons have been getting jiggy with it today.

Attachments

• IMG_2032.JPG
    IMG_2032.JPG
    214.3 KB · Views: 93
Even after the photo this morning clearly showing the female well on the way. This male was back on the job tonight. Who am i to stand in the way of romance :)

Must be something in the air today as all my collection of various paired pythons have been getting jiggy with it today.

if you only got to get jiggy for afew months of the year you would be going at it till you broke it to lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back