Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is one bloody nice atherton. Head pattern looks very similar to a lot of B&G's he produced?

Roger, beautiful jungles from you and mark mate.. absolute crackers :D

but that top pic SXR one leaves me weak at the knees.. I"ll go out on a limb here.. axanthic?
but PLEASE put me down for as many pairs that your willing to sell mate when you breed those ones..

I do a black & yellow male and female SXR jungles from that same line as your ones, paried together this season and the female had her pre lay last night.. so I have fingers crossed that I might be lucky and at the least there should be some ripper black and yellows.

the female is athena mother of that crazy head pattern one (from last season) Im always posting and the male is drac (pic in my profile album)

thanks for all your nice comments guys :oops: I was stoked with that clutch :D

Roger, that is 1 sexy Atherton
the little guy you got from me is colouring up nicely for you
that little tiger one of yours is a stunner, beautiful colour ;)

Colin, good luck with that clutch mate, I'm sure there is going to be some cracker's amongst them :D

GO THE JUNGLES :lol: c'mon, more pics people :D

Very nice Roger! That atherton is stunning , i bet you cant wait to introduce stripes and Rp in to that line.cheers Fj

Heres some of my future breeding stock .
a Simon Stone bred atherton jungle .
IMG_7027.jpg

Cheers
Roger

wow, this one is absolutely stunning!

Wow Roger that's turned out heaps nicer than I thought it would,it's held it's white nicely and the pattern makes for an awesome looking Atherton.Now that I hatched out a white type Stone Atherton I think I;ll definitely hhold it back to see what it turns out like,maybe Colin could have it right with these types possibly being axanthic??Here's a couple of others,one's indicus lineage and the other a nice Stone animal.....enjoy!!Nice big healthy clutch there Mark,hope you get some screamers out of them!!!

3 awesome Jungles, the 3rd one is even more awesomer though Roger.

Stunning jungle Sigridshurte

Thanks for the positive feedback guys .

If you consider how much yellow colouration is usually associated with the Stone line jungles ? its easy to see the possibllity that axanthic genetics could be responcible for no yellow showing at all in that atherton as well as some of the other athertons that Simon Breeds .
Axanthic genetics in carpet pythons are simple recessive,, so it will be easy to prove if this is the case and there are several other people currently working on doing so , good luck guys .

Roger

Stunning jungle Sigridshurte
thats what I was thinking.. sensational jungle Sigridshurte.

I honestly think those SXR jungles is axanthic too Roger and cant wait for you to breed them. stunning animals.

heres two clutch mate males I bred last season that have identical head patterns but different banding so I kept them.. these pics were at 3.5 months of age.. will try and get some updated pics on the weekend.

Seems like a few more people have ivory phase Stone animals than I thought as I'm sure Simon never really considered them to be anything special or different and were just variation or ones that didn't colour up which he said was standard to get a few beautiful specimens,to some better than average and others average along with the ivory type which were just considered to be animals that didn't show any colour or colour up from Simons Atherton Jungle bloodline which are or can be extremely beautifully coloured animals in all shades of yellows and golds and now we see the black and ivory type look bloody awesome too!.Again I recall Simon saying that he found it very hard to believe when I mentioned that someeone I knew who bred jungles used to get most if not all animals from one clutch all colouring up nicely and said even though he'd been breeding his line for several generations and still wasn't getting to the point he wanted to by producing animals that all colour up and that if this person had most if not all his offspring colour up that he was way ahead of his breeding programme basically saying he found it a bit hard to believe....How many jungle breeders out there have bred clutches where each animal from the clutch coloured up nicely with no duds so to speak??

Personally I don't think that it takes multiple generations of animals to get more animals or the consistancy of them to get better as I've seen the result of several pairings which were only 1st generation produce offspring that all coloured up and know others who get very much the same where all offspring turn out a beautiful bright yellow.I guess from there you either breed for brighter yellow or for better black being nice and solid with no third colour to any other possible traits that may be there from patterning to other genetic traits.If these ivory Stone Athertons turn out to be true axanthics there'll be some potential for even more jungle morphs than we already have.I'm sure there's hypo jungles out there so pairing one with an axanthic would give you ghost jungles which I have absolutely no idea what they would look like but a little off track I reckon the True highland bw jungles should be called ghost jungles as that's the appearance they have and very few stay bright white but tend to get a silvery grey ghostly colour like the pic attached which is a classic Julatten I hope to breed next season along with a 2 little trait projects I'm hoping are genetic.Then of course we need a TRUE LOWLAND ALBINO JUNGLE THEN WATCH THE MORPHS GO OFF but I bet someone will come along saying they've hatched out an albino jungle which will most likely be a Darwin cross and will be extremely hard to tell the difference but size would be a deciding factor depending on the locality.From reading how many albinos were being bred by just one person recently we won't know what's been crossed with what sooner or later like jags.

Many have mentioned Julatten bw jungles could be axanthic which I doubt very much as I've seen them with hints of light yellow and other colours than just black and white however they're jungles and as we all know not all are created equal so instead of breeding them by the bucket load I'd personally be chosing a trait of some sort to work with or breed the very best from each generation as this TRUE JULATTEN BW LINE has only just come into the hobby with people probably being able to breed theirs from this line for the first time this season.

Heres my stone line ivories cheers

very nice gozz. were they purchase from Southern Cross or another breeder?
do you know the female SXR that was the mother and also the father?
there not the ones from MS from the spider x aphrodite mating are they?

Sorry bout that I forgot the pic of a yearling female Julatten or should I say ghost jungle lol,pity the pic doesn't show the colour properly making it look 2 tone white and grey but the darker grey is actually as white as the back in bright white but the black could be better although I like them with that bronzey type colour in the black...enjoy!!

Julatten male and female (female due for shed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back