Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I am digging the head pattern on that one gozz,has an interesting pattern too hope it stays nice for you!Also a nice pair you have there Dave,I can't wait to see what some selective line breeding produces!

I'm sure most jungle fanatics with many jungles have noticed that they tend to be brighter at the tail region moreso than the rest of the body,it doesn't happen in all but it does happen quite a lot,moreso as they become adults.Well I've got this tiny juvenile B/G that has extraordinary colour for it's age but the tail part hasn't coloured up like the rest of the body which you can clearly see in the pic which is as close to being true colour as it gets I can't believe the colour especially the black but checkout the tail colour...does anyone else have this with any of their jungles???

Yes Colin they are the ones from MS cheers

geez they turned out well for you mate. very nice :D
I still have a male I got from simon from that mating but its a black and yellow (pic page 49 post #728)

I really like that jungle you posted above BROWNS (looks same one as your avatar)

gozz - heres a (crappy) pic of the mother of those jungles of yours - aphrodite

thes second two are a male I bred last season..

holdback female from last season... from apollo x athena
this season I have put apollo x aphrodite (his mum) / apollo x spiderwoman / drac x athena and others..

CraigP - this is the the girl I showed you in the flesh mate.. shes still doing ok I guess but should colour up better soon I hope :D

shes still doing ok I guess but should colour up better soon I hope :D

dont worry colin, if she doesn't i'll take her off your hands!
absolutely stunning jungles! hope you get some stunning hatchies this year!

love those jullatens and your gozz what a cutie!

thanks ruby :D hopefully I'll get a few nice black & yellow and black & white jungles this season

CraigP - this is the the girl I showed you in the flesh mate.. shes still doing ok I guess but should colour up better soon I hope :D

Looking real good Colin, also love the other holdback, great stuff.

I put the pics in another thread, but this seems like the appropriate place as well!

DSC03922.jpg

DSC03918.jpg

Nice animals Kurto!

Here's a couple of juvies that are colouring up really nicely it's just so hard to get the true colour and these will only get better!!...enjoy!!!

Nah Colin that's a different one in my avatar much older has been busy lately lol That first one is actually a Tully x Palmerston,perfect black and nice thin yellow bands colouring up beautifully!!

This is another which is starting to colour up ,a bit of a slow feeder from the same clutch should turn out nice!!Also a Tully animal just starting to show some colour with a neat head pattern....enjoy!

Hi people

Im currently looking for my first snake - love the black and gold jungles but im a little cautious about their temperament.

do they settle with handling? any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Hi people

Im currently looking for my first snake - love the black and gold jungles but im a little cautious about their temperament.

do they settle with handling? any advice appreciated.

Cheers
hey chickenlover

They settle down pretty fast , just use a hook to get them out of ther enclosure
ect eventually with most jungles ,they will become placid and you will be able to stop using the hook ect

i wouldn't recommend getting a jungle as a first snake, Antaresia group are a much better choice imo.

cheers Fj

Yeah thanks thats what im thinking - reading the 'first snake' sticky etc...
im not too phased about the temperament for me - but ive got a few little ones around that would benefit from a calm experience with a snake...

Cheers

Yeah thanks thats what im thinking - reading the 'first snake' sticky etc...
im not too phased about the temperament for me - but ive got a few little ones around that would benefit from a calm experience with a snake...

Cheers

imo it doesnt really matter what is your first snake, you could get a stimmie, and still, it could be an absolute psycho.
if you want a jungle, get a jungle.
a jungle was my first, and she has only ever tried to bite me once.... now she's almost 18 months, and i can pick her up with my hands no problems. I also have a younger male and i can also pic him up with my hands with no drama.

heres a shot during the dust storm yesterday :)

10518_152483174136_792659136_2430910_7952457_n.jpg

dont tell me that - im being indecisive as it is :)

Ill check some out - handle them and decide from there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back