Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

popp

Reaction score
:p After visiting the reptile park today i seen something i thought be a good source for new members.The reptile park has many different animals up 4 adoption any thing over $100 we would get name on board & on there web site.Some of these animals n pricing are as follows;
$75 beardies,bluies,cunninghams,land mullet,nthrn snapping turtle,water dragon,cetrall netted,dwarf beardies,maq turtle,pink toungue,saw shell turt
$100 albino bluey,collets snke,cmn death adder,corn snake,dp,eye lash viper,king brown,lacey,oliv,rbbs,rhino viper,scrubbie,ball pyth,bhp,copper head,eastern brown,frilly,short tailed monitor
$150 irian jaya carpet,mertons water mntor,perentie,spencers,woma,sailfin lizard,pig nosed turtle
$200 alligator snapping turtle,boa ,fijian banded iggy,argentine boa,burm pyth,green iggy
$300 american alligator,galapagos tortoiose,rough scaled pyth,retic pyth
$500 king cobra
I will put the whole brochure in my gallery as there is more species than i listed aswell i only listed reptiles.Interested in what you guys think as there is some pretty cool animals there.
cheers popp.

Yep, I'd def. chip in Popp! :)

...If It's gonna be an APS adoption, I think adoption of australian pythons would be the way to go :) JMO though, any reptile would be a good cause. :)

:p Yeah i was thinking along those lines,might sound a bit ambitious but was thinking bout the rough scaled python as it is prolly most endangered on the list.This is all still only if we get the approval off the boss man(popp looks in sj n slateys direction) just thought it maybe good way to entice some more peoples to aps spread the word a bit more,& be a hoot at aps parties to see our name up in lights so to speak.It may also entice a few foreigners to nsw aps parties. :p

I agree that it should probably be an Australian Python to match the site name... :) I guess it would also depend on how much money was able to be raised, but maybe aim for the Rough-scaled and see how we go!

I think the rough scaled python is a realistic goal.Considering there is over 560 members at the moment,even a $1 contribution from each is sufficient (although I am sure many of us would reach deeper into our pockets). Also is it a one off payment of $300 or would it be an annual cost to adopt?

:p Awsome glad to see peoples are interested,i have now put all info in my gallery for you to look through & see what its all about.Sorry bout putting it up section by section i scanned as 1 & was to hard to read oh yeah & i got the info ars about aswell sorry bout that but you get the idea. :lol:.Keep sticking up hands the more interest in this the better & cheaper for everyone involved.allright enough of me woffling on heres the info on it all.
http://www.aussiepythons.com/module...ery&file=index&include=view_album.php
also found the reptile park links http://www.reptilepark.com.au/sponsorship.htm
http://www.reptilepark.com.au/adoptionacknowledgements.htm

Count me in Popp old boy, adopting that rough scale would be awesome I reckon :) One question though, who are these foreigners you are trying to entice?????

So who owns the animals that get adoted does the reptile park get to own them. I want a albino bluey i caught one the other week and let him go.

Brendan
love the red belly on your avitar.

The adopted species stays at the Reptile park.It is more or less a donation towards helping the park keep and breed the species.
From my understanding they are breeding the rough scaled pythons to re-release back into their natural region of the Kimberly.The reason we would like to see members of APS support this program is A to help conserve the species in question and B to get the APS site name up on the Australian reptile park site as well as marketed throughout the reptile park,hopefully giving APS more advertisement and publicity.The same can be said with the shirts.It is the aim of all members here to make APS the number 1 herp site not just in australia but world wide.

Go for the roughy but instead of the family pass they give for that package we need to get them to let us (whoever kicks in) go to the adoption BBQ in November. Ya reckon they'd be cool about that?

Count me in for a slice!!!
Although has anyone thought about the payment options for us out-of-state-ers?

Great idea members.

I would nominate popp to organize everything and mabe if Nicole would be so kind to organize the money collection. She has done a great job for the collection for surprise for me. By the way, Surprise is a strong and beautiful snake, (and almost took off my mate's finger.)

Thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back